Sunday, February 28

Our Home ~ Stairs, Hallway, and Half-Bath

Stairs and Hallway

The stairwell and hallway are nothing elaborate or fancy, but we have done some work with them. They were painted beige with brown painted steps and nothing was ever done to the railing in the upstairs hallway, which was a MAJOR safety hazard (you could push it over).

We painted the walls Behr's Havana Cream and the treads were painted black. We did replace the ceiling light, added a table and some wall art.




The quilt wall hanging I bought at the Harvest Festival we do in the fall. I passed it up one year, because it was more than I wanted to spend, but really loved it. All that year I thought about it now and then, when we went back the following year, they still had it. I figured at that point I was supposed to buy it.

Upstairs Half-Bath


The half-bath was made from what was once the only closet in our house (the one in A's room). We weren't going to use it, and after me falling enough times at night going downstairs to the bathroom, Matt decided to install a bathroom upstairs.



We went for a nautical look to this room, since Matt did go to school for Marine Transportation.

No comments:

LinkWithin