Sunday, February 28

Our Home ~ Laundry Room

Originally our laundry was in the basement...it was great! There was a chute from the bathroom right down on the floor next to the washer...however, the basement is laid stone and dirt floors with large slabs of stone on it. I was constantly scared to death to do laundry, for fear that I would pick something off the floor and have snakes in it (I have never seen a snake in my basement, this was just my fear).

This was where the laundry room was going to go. There was one tiny window, the floor was rotted entirely, and there was no plumbing, electric or insulation.

We had to rip the walls down to the studs and the floor down to the joists, and rebutt and relevel everything in this room. It was quite a bit of work, but worth it to have the job done the RIGHT WAY (something the previous owners did not believe in).



The window still hasn't be framed in (there's an issue in old houses, or at least our old house, that new construction materials are not the same thickness as the old construction walls), and I've added curtains above the shelving because I store a lot of seasonal decor and unused appliances up there. Oh, and we also have new appliances.




The Outside
Living Room
Kitchen and Breakfast Nook
Dining room
Office/Pantry
Bathroom
Laundry Room
Bedrooms
Stairs/Hallway and Upstairs Half Bath

No comments:

LinkWithin