Sunday, February 28

Our Home ~ Office / Pantry

The office was a bathroom at one point, there are holes in the floor where the drains were for the tub and toilet. The only reason I can think it is no longer the bathroom is that the plumbing froze FREQUENTLY, which is a problem that we have in the laundry room (which is parallel to this room).

For some very odd reason we have found this paint color all over the house: Windows, doors, trim, walls, ceilings...you name it, it was probably painted that color at some point.

I've been working on this room on and off since we bought our home. Originally I just painted it this lovely color (left) called Behr's Autumn Mist, but it was way too orange-y so I sponged some white over it. Then we added a window, so that I could see the backyard.

In Spring '10 I decided to redo the room, for good. The colors were inspired by the April 2010 cover of BHG. I loved the robin's egg blue and the bright yellow. I color matched the cover into Behr paint, "Eucalyptus Leaf", then painted the floor "Bison Brown".

To deal with the shoddy floors in this room and the holes from the plumbing I put down a couple of sheets of 1" plywood, painted it (Behr's "Bison Brown"), then put some quarter round molding around the edges to finish it. The desk was cut down and put on table legs we had. I still want to build a low bookcase to store the printer on and some of the computer necessities.





The Outside
Living Room
Kitchen and Breakfast Nook
Dining room
Office/Pantry
Bathroom
Laundry Room
Bedrooms
Stairs/Hallway and Upstairs Half Bath

No comments:

LinkWithin