Sunday, December 12

Phew!

What a weekend! It's been one whirlwind after another!

Friday night we went to a local college's culinary program's Holiday Panarda, which was a 9 course Italian meal. It was really good, but stupid me forgot to take a camera, then borrowed my MIL's and forgot to take pictures of the food!

We had 12 people there: Matt and I, my parents, my grandfather, my aunt and uncle, Matt's parents, grandparents and his sister. It was a birthday celebration for Matt (12/8) and my grandfather (12/6 - 91 years old).

It was a lot of fun! My grandfather has never experience true culinary dining and was blown away by the food, the presentation, and the portions: He had a blast! SIL and I sat next to each other and we just had our own commentary going (she went to JWU for culinary and worked in the industry at some pretty swanky places before her seafood allergies...so she knows her stuff).

I guess she's been seeing some guy and has gone out on a few dates with him. It sounds like he's a decent guy so hopefully this is something good: SIL is really such a sweet, loving person and she deserves to be happy....especially after the losers she's been with.

Our friends, R & R, watched A on Friday night and she was a complete gem for them. They loved spending time with her. Since they've moved out of town they don't get to see her too much. Plus, R (the wife) has major, major baby fever, but knows that she has to finish school and work for a couple of years still, so she really enjoyed her baby fix.

On Saturday Matt worked on splitting wood, while I did stuff in the house. In the afternoon we went over to the store, because Santa was visiting. But, "Santa" (my dad) slipped walking out of the fridge and smashed his head into the door and gave himself a concussion....he's ok now. We had to find a different Santa at the last minute: Matt was not really into doing that, but I talked one of our employees into it (he's never done it before) and he did a great job. Otherwise it would've been me in a Santa costume....which I would have loved to do. I think we'll have to have Santa revisit on Christmas Eve.
In the evening we went out to one of our dinner-dances and took R & R as our guests to thank for watching A (SIL came down and stayed with A). It was fun: The food was delicious (as always) but the band was horrible....they had no idea what ballroom dance music was and kept playing things that you would here at a low budget wedding. We left around 10 or so and came home. Best part: Ave slept through the night! I think that she thought that her Auntie Meggers was here (she never wakes up at night for SIL or MIL).




Today was supposed to be caroling, but a mix of the weather and other last minute things going on ended up with no one being able to come. Matt and SIL spent about 4 hours splitting and stacking wood, while I finished decorating the house and the cooking that I had started for our caroling party. My parents and MIL came down and had dinner, then we watched Christmas Eve with the MacDonald's (Dr. James MacDonald from Family Life Networks "Walk in the Word").

After our parents left we gave A her bath and up she went, and down I went to remake my fudge. I did it yesterday and it came out like a rock....I crumbled it all up and am going to bake some cookies with it as the chocolate chunks.

Tomorrow is Monday: It was a great weekend, but I'm looking forward to a little down time :-)

1 comment:

andrea said...

what a fun weekend - the dinner seems like it was really cool!

LinkWithin