Thursday, November 25

Sometimes in the midst of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

Five years ago today my best friend and I were married. These past five years have been filled with more pain, more disappointment, more loss, and more JOY than I could have ever believed possible. If someone told me everything we would go through, Matt's back and his being out of work and subsequent depression from all of it, infertility, and finally having our little girl. I would have laughed at them.

Don't get me wrong we got through all of it and are stronger for it....but going through those storms, I sometimes felt like it was the end of the world, our world. Never once though did it even cross our mind to give up, whether it was Matt's back or fighting infertility, we clung to each other and fought our way through: We're stubborn like that.

It's appropriate that today, besides being our anniversary, is also Thanksgiving because there is not much in this world (besides A) that I am as thankful for as my husband (and I have so much to be thankful for in my blessed life). He is a wonderful partner, lover, and friend....I don't know of anyone who works as hard for his family as he does. I wouldn't want to go through this life without him. I love you Chewy!






8 comments:

Transplanted Thoughts said...

Aw, how sweet! Happy anniversary! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Have a peaceful Holiday weekend. ~Amy

andrea said...

happy anniversary!!
and happy turkey day :)

Crossing My Fingers said...

Great wedding pics! Happy anniversary!

JJ said...

Love your dress! Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! A belated happy anniversary to you both.

The C's said...

Here via ICLW week. Happy Anniversary! And Congrats on your little blessing and best of luck on your next journey for baby miracle #2.
The Cs

MoonNStarMommy said...

Awwwwwwww happy Anniversary and what a beautiful wedding!!!
Happy ICLW

manymanymoons said...

What a sweet post. Happy anniversary! I hope you had a great day.

LinkWithin