Monday, November 29

Ketchup or Catsup?

Which do you prefer?

Anyways, this post is going to be all about catch-up: I'm desperately behind in....EVERYTHING. I've been trying get caught up on my ICLW commenting from last week (even though it is now over). I just would like to start December (and Christmas!) with a clean slate.

~*~Thanksgiving, November 25th~*~
While it was also our anniversary, it was more importantly Thanksgiving. My sister did come over to my parents house and it was actually really nice to spend the time with her...she was different....we all noticed it.

My brother and his wife came up and he was his usual toady self. He's not happy in his life and I don't think it's any thing circumstantial (work, marriage etc)....I think he's just not a happy person. What's interesting is he's just as lost as my sister, but is more willing to throw her to the lions than acknowledge anything with himself.

My parents got us a Bi.ssell spot-bot pet for our anniversary (very romantic I know, but I wanted one) and my sister baked a delicious cake for our dessert.

Here are some of the pictures my uncle took from the day.

After we were done at my parents' house we headed to the in-laws for round two: That's right, every Thanksgiving we eat twice. We've done it for 11 years now....and it's not anymore fun.

~*~Friday, November 26~*~
In the morning Matt went out hunting and then when he got home he put up the Christmas lights along the roof. He insisted on using the lights that had been up for the past 4 years, and of course we turned them on last night and one of the strings doesn't light (they all lit before they went up). He's gotta fix that.

In the afternoon I went over to the store (we were closed) and my MIL and SIL helped do up some gift baskets, while I decorated the front and inside of the store. I'll have to post some pictures of that.

~*~Saturday, November 27th ~*~
Matt and I dropped A off at his parents house around noon and then headed to Bing-town for an anniversary date, which consisted of some birthday/Christmas shopping, dinner, and Harry Potter. A was miserable the entire time: All day she took a 30 minute nap and then fought going to bed (she spent the night there). I felt so bad and wanted to pick her up, but by the time we got back in town she had fallen asleep and fortunately slept well through the night.

Harry Potter was great! I seriously don't want to wait for the next movie to come out...and I know I'll be crying at the end of it. 1) The story itself and 2) that they're over. The first movie came out the year after Matt and I started dating.

We had a good time...we also decided that we got married at the right time, because we'll always have an excuse to go Christmas shopping without the kids :-)

~*~Sunday, November 28th~*~
We went and got our Christmas tree! We went to the same place we always go, but, again, there was no snow. I do not like cutting a tree down when there is no snow...at least it wasn't in the 60s, we've had that before too.

Ave even picked out our tree this year. Matt and I were wondering around and had picked a couple of good ones, when Ave started pointing at a tree and making monkey noises....Matt goes "well I think she wants this one". So down it went. It's now on our porch....we'll bring it in and put it up on Wednesday night after A goes to sleep.


Think A was excited about the tree? :-)

I think that brings us up to speed.

3 comments:

Crossing My Fingers said...

Whew! Sounds busy girl!

JJ said...

I LOVE me some KETCHUP :)

Super cute pictures! And yea, this time of year puts us all a bit behind on stuff, huh?

manymanymoons said...

Sounds like you have a ton on your plate. Have a great time decorating the tree!

LinkWithin