Tuesday, December 7

Christmas is coming....

It's been SNOWING for the past 3 days....WOOHOO!!!!! I'm loving it! Yes, I'm one of those few crazy people who actually enjoys the snow, the wind, and the cold....even if I have to be outside in it and/or driving.

We've been busy the past few days. On Sunday (12/5) we drove to NJ to celebrate my cousin, S's, 7th birthday and spend the day with my aunt, uncle, and their kids, M and S. She was loving having Avelyn there. We actually got it on video her promising to always want to play with Avelyn, even when she's a teenager. It was adorable!



Monday was St. Nikolaus day....for those non-German people it's the day celebrating the original Santa Claus (yes, he was a real person). On the night of the 5th children put their shoes out to be filled with treats and small gifts by St Nikolaus. St. Nikolaus even left something for my sister in her shoes.

Avelyn was really into ripping off the paper...big change from her birthday. She got a book called My Christmas Stocking and a shirt that says "I'm a Princess, my Father is the King of Kings".

This morning we bundled up and went out and played in the snow for a bit. It's light fluffy snow and it isn't too deep yet that Ave can't walk through it. She kept licking the snow off of her mittens. We weren't out there too long, just long enough for Avelyn to see what all that cold white stuff was about.




On Monday I went to O-town and got some serious scores between Sal's boutique and a couple of consignment shops. I got A a pair of snow boots for next winter, her Christmas dress, a one piece jumper, and (this is the best part!) I got myself a sweater that I've wanted for 15 years....for $10! It's L.L. Bean's traditional nordic sweater that sells for $85 or so on the website.




No comments:

LinkWithin