Wednesday, November 24

Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Cameron

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving...it's a culmination of all that is gloriously Autumn and deliciously fall! I love it! But it makes me sad too....it means that in just a few short weeks Christmas will have come and gone....and I L O V E Christmas!

My house is trashed....and I'm glad that I'm not doing the festivities for tomorrow. Every year I keep begging my mom to let me, but she keeps saying no. Especially now that A is getting older it would be so much easier to just have on big get together at my house. Instead we have to go to two houses: My parents' at 2pm for dinner, then Matt's parents' at 6pm for dinner. We get to do what every one else in the country does twice...twice the calories. Garh!

I do have to make my pumpkin pie tonight (fresh pumpkins, roasting in the oven right now) and corn pudding for tomorrow. I must say, I do love the food of Thanksgiving.

This year I'm rather nostalgic about it all....5 years ago today was our rehearsal dinner and there was a blizzard...fortunately we were doing Thanksgiving dinner (since it was T-day) at our church and everyone (family) was there. I just keep thinking about this time 5 years ago.

Anyways....I hope that you all have a wonderful and FULL Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

@jencull (jen) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the thought of pumpkins roasting in the oven :) Jen (ICLW 114 returning your visit)

Crossing My Fingers said...

We've got double cals too. Do you always eat at the same time each year? I wish our fams would pick a date/time and stick with it-it would really make things so much easier. Enjoy! Not to be mushy but I'm thankful for all your suport and encouragement.

manymanymoons said...

I have to get your corn pudding recipe! Have a great Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin