Friday, November 19

"If I stitch fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise?" ~Author Unknown

I've been working on something....



I've done a few different things with this quilt...things I've never done before with a quilt.

1) I hand tied the quilt (if you click on the picture you can see the little pieces of thread (which is embroidery floss) ). I've never done this before and I must say for a small quilt it was easy and I really like how it finished the quilt. I don't think I'd be willing to do this for a quilt larger than this one (42" square).

What I did was tape the backing to the floor (making sure it was TIGHT), then I centered the batting over that, and then put the top over that. Once the "sandwich" was made I safety pinned the quilt every 5 inches. Then just made a loop stitch through the fabric layers and tied knots in them. Very easy and I really like how it came out.

2) The second thing I did differently was using flannel as my backing. I must say, I really, REALLY like how that turned out. The flannel adds so much weight to the quilt and it's so soft and cuddly. Matt wants to know when I'm making one for him :-)


I'm happy with how it came out....plus I did it really fast. I was thinking when I cut the stripes, but I wasn't thinking enough lol I should've cut it the other way so that the 1/2 blocks would have looked like the flag. Oh well.

I'm still happy.

LinkWithin