Monday, August 30

The Deal...

Quite some time ago (actually I think like 3 years ago) Matt and I made a deal, that I wouldn't chop my hair off until our first born was a year old...we're 2 months away from that. Now I don't know what to do with it.

I love having shorter hair. It feels great, it looks great, and is so much easier to deal with. All I do with my long hair now is leave it up in a loose bun and sometimes I attempt to do something with it (aka leave it down), but no matter what, it's inevitable that it always looks messy (and not in that sexy way either).

Here's the problem: I like having long hair...even though I have no idea what to do with it and it always looks bad. It doesn't help that everyone is always aghast when I cut my hair, think Little Women, "Your hair! Your beautiful hair! Oh, Jo, how could you? Your one beauty." That's pretty much everyone's response.

Exhibit A & B



Part of the problem for me with long hair is the shape of my face...I have a very wide jaw, which only gets accentuated even more by having long hair, because in spite of however many layers I have in it, there is never enough body at the top of my head to balance it out. The only time it does is when it's cut short.



Of course, Matt likes my hair long and curly...but it curls better when it's short, when it's long it's kind of blah on top and just poofs on the top and sometimes it curls. Humidity makes it curlier, but it also makes it frizzy...winter just makes it poofy because the dryness in the air just makes it like Hermione's.

Why is this such a big issue? Because on October 16th we're heading to NYC for Ave's 1 year photos with Rachel and her sister (who's doing our pictures), in Central Park. I loved the pictures that Rachel took of us in May, but in every picture (which is so not her fault) my hair is blah. It looks like I didn't know what to do with it...which I don't.

So....
*Yes, cut my hair

*No, don't cut your hair

If your vote is no, don't cut your hair, then tell me what the heck to do with it for our family pictures!

9 comments:

Jendeis said...

Yes, cut your hair! Just make sure when you get it cut that it's still long enough to pull back if you so choose.

It's fine that Matt likes long hair, but you're the one who has to deal with it. Plus, it's hair -- you can always grow it longer again if you wish. :)

VA Blondie said...

Yes, cut your hair! If you are happy, it will make everything better!

Amanda said...

Just this weekend I was deliberating with my hair dresser whether we should cut back to my shoulders or trim and try to grow longer. We cut it back. I think you should too. Shorter hair is a treat when you've had it long for a while. Just remember that it will fluff up when you cut it and look extra short from the added body.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had a CUrly Girl Cut? I have curly hair and never felt satisfied after a cut. I did research online and discovered something called a curly girl cut, it's very different then I have EVER experienced and love it. I would see if there is one in your area. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

GL!

Queenie. . . said...

I think you look absolutely stunning with the shorter haircut. I say go fot it-cut it!!!

I hear you on the long hair. I've never found a short cut that flatters my face, but with it long, I usually end up with it in a pony, which isn't all that flattering, either.

Kristen said...

Cut your hair! It looks so cute short!

raisingmiles said...

*Correction, 14 months ago.

raisingmiles said...

Ok, I am in the same boat. Husband said "all women cut their hair as soon as their baby is born." Well typcially that's because the baby pulls on it while nursing and it's annoying! So I promised I wouldn't. I got a trim when Miles was 2 months old. That was 12 months ago.
Based on anonymous comment above, I checked out the curly hair salons in Houston and have an appointment on Friday at Hair Studio One! SO.EXCITED!

sadie607 said...

Yes cut your hair. It looks great shorter in the picture posted. Plus if you don't like it hair always grows back. I wish I was still close to NYC for pictures.

LinkWithin