Tuesday, August 24

Fair 2010....DONE!

We survived! And Matt and I are still married and only had one little squabble on Saturday...yea! I will say it has been hellacious the past few weeks and I'm glad it's over with. It was a hard week on Matt, I figure he worked about 140 hours.

We haven't sat down and finished the books, so we still have no idea if we made any money or not. Hopefully we made something because there are a few things we need: Like a trailer for the business, money to pay the RE, repay ourselves to the "fence-fund" (used it to paint the house), a new dishwasher, and it would be really nice if we could go away on vacation.

All in all it was a good week. The weather was perfect the whole time and the majority of our staff were good, honest, hardworking people (all though we do believe that we had 2 of our counter girls stealing from us).

The Lady Antebellum catering went well for the concert on Saturday night. The girls' who were running that met Danny Gokey (sp?) and Hillary from Lady A. Of course the line that was out front of our stand for the concert became an issue. The seating was assigned for the concert, but the people lined up 2 hours before hand to get in...well all of those people were standing in front of our tent and no one could get to our stand. We had 9 girls up front, and no customers for 3 hours. Matt was pissed. What should've been our best night, ended up being not that great.

Avelyn and I ran back and forth between the fair all week...good thing it's just down the street, but even that became tiresome after a while. We did get to walk around the fair a bit and take A to see the animals...she was quite fascinated with the pigs.


Now it's back to our usual craziness which is a bit tough, since A has a little souvenir from the fair...a cold...so she's been miserable the past two days and she needs sleep and I need sleep (I stayed up at night helping Matt when he got home, and then was up early because the contractor was here working on the bathroom).

Of course my house looks like a bomb has gone off...I have to get it clean before next Wednesday because we have friends coming over to dinner and it is not in at all acceptable shape right now.

5 comments:

raisingmiles said...

Whew. Glad that is over for you guys!

I am sure your friends will understand about your house. They are coming to see you not your house!

sadie607 said...

Wow, your fair weeks always make me tired and I'm not even the one working. I'm glad it's over and I hope you turned a profit! I love love love the picture of A with the pigtails. She is so incredibly adorable. I'm glad the craziness is over I've missed you.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

So glad you survived the Fair season. I can't imagine how tired you guys must be.

Hope A feels better and you can get some rest!

Debbie said...

Love, love, love the pigtails. She is so cute!!
I am jealous of your fair.

Crossing My Fingers said...

Great pictures! Glad you two survived. Crossing my fingers that you're in the black!!!

LinkWithin