Saturday, June 5

“The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry” John Jensen

This past week has FLOWN by! It seems like every single day we ran. Monday Avelyn and I were home (no holiday for this family), Tuesday A went to Grandma's while I went to O-town and ran a slew of errands, Wednesday we were a little more low key, Thursday we drove to NJ to go to my cousins' spring concert, and Friday we drove to Cooperstown to see Aunt Lea (A's godmother, pronounced Leah) and her sister and visit the Fenimore Art Museum, but it was a fun week!

The only pictures I have to show are of A's blow out diaper on the way to NJ. She had been relatively constipated for the past 4 or 5 days and nothing was working it out. She was actually really hard to put to bed on Monday and Tuesday because her tummy hurt (we did warm compresses and that seemed to help). Of course I figured she'd probably blow out on the way to NJ, but did I prepare for that? Nope.

All over the car seat, all over A. We cleaned her up as best we could (her shirt was clean still) and then took her into K.ohl's, bought her new pants and finished washing her up in the sink. Then I cleaned the car seat as much as I could, went to Target and bought some receiving blankets to line it with. It was FUN! Rebekah, I thought of you. She felt better though :-)
get home.
Yesterday we went to Cooperstown. I wanted to go to the John Sargent exhibit and the Empire Waists, Bustles and Lace exhibit. L, Ave's godmother, lives in Cooperstown (but they're moving to Maine the end of the summer...BOOO!!!) so she and her sister met us at the museum. We had fun. A was a bit strung out. She kept fussing and one of the guards asked me if we needed a private room (to nurse) I said "No, she's just tired". He then said, well she can make all the noise she likes, this is a museum, not a church...I thought that was sweet.

More Pictures
After going through these pictures (I've edited which you see, because I certainly wasn't posting any more of myself) I realized just how terrible I look and that I really need to lose at least 30 lbs, we'll see if that happens :-\

3 comments:

Photogrl said...

What a crazy week!

Big blowouts = not fun! I can only imagine, but at least she felt better!

Other than that and the concert, it sounds like it was a good time. How sweet of the guard to say that to you!

Debbie said...

You look great! But me? I can't post any from Connecticut with me in them. LOL

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Sounds and looks like you had a good time, other than the blowout.

:-)

LinkWithin