Thursday, June 10

Decisions, decisions, decisions (part 2)

Color has a lot to do with how we present ourselves to the world and how people perceive us: If we're always in black people think one thing, if we're in psychedelic rainbow prints they think another. That's why, to me, color choices are so important: The colors I choose reflect my personality.

Color Selection #1
Our House

We decided on paint colors! We kept hemmin' and hawwin' about it, but then I saw this picture in
Country Sampler magazine. I have always loved this color scheme, heck it's how our upstairs hallway is painted (which will now be getting repainted). So, we're doing it! Because of the wackiness of our house, we're only painting the top of the window trim on the front of the house black and the front door.

I am so excited to have this house painted! The painters are coming the 21st to start scrapping the house down. I keep forgetting to ask them approximately how long it takes them to paint a house.

The colors we are using are Sherwin Williams Daffodil, Dover Cream (the trim), and Tricorn Black for the windows. There are a whole bunch of little projects that they've also agreed to do (one of the painters is a contractor)...such as replace the molding around the front door (Matt hasn't gotten around to this one in the past 4 years) and put a ceiling up on the front porch.

Of course I will be inundating all of you with lots of pictures!

Color Selection #2
My Hair

I've been waffling back and forth about my hair, cut it or not, highlight it or not. I've decided to trim it (it needs that at the very least) and highlight it. Of course I'm very adventurous when it comes to the color of my hair, so I'll be having highlights that match my natural highlights added (they've kind of become blah! from the winter and need some spicing up).

What I'm trying to do now is reconcile myself to paying $50 (+ tip and eyebrow waxing) to do it. I'm also trying to think up some ways to make $50 in the next 2 weeks. Any ideas?

ETA: My mom is going to give me the money for my haircut, since I renovated their bathroom. One good deed turns another :-)

2 comments:

sadie607 said...

I love the paint colors great choices!!

Photogrl said...

Love, love, LOVE the paint colors! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

As for your hair, do it. I'm always amazed at what a good cut and color will do for my attitude and self esteem.

$50? Could you have a yard sale?

LinkWithin