Tuesday, July 7

Random Updates

This post is going to be a whole lot of everything. There's fun stuff, I promise...toward the bottom....


Last night I had a pampered chef party: My BFF from high school  now does it. I saw her in March for her Lia.Sophia party and asked her if she would want to do a show. Last night it was...It was basically my mom 2 of her friends, and 2 of my other friends from high school: It was actually quite a bit of fun!

AND, my HS BFF is 14 weeks pregnant! The first month trying. When she called me to finalize details last week she was going on about how she didn't expect it to happen so quickly and they were hoping to be due the earliest in April 2010 (she's due January8): I just told her to be glad that it happened that easily, that it took us 3 years.

I'm happy for them, but I'm just kind of numb. She's the first person that I went to high school with (we were friends from 4 years old on) that's pregnant. I think she's genuinely excited though that we're both pregnant at the same time (none of her other friends are pregnant). I know when we were kids we planned on being each other's maid of honors, etc etc...so I guess this is the round about way to being friends again.

~*~

In yesterday's mail I got the most recent JCPenney bedding sale catalog....and the cover REALLY caught my eye: How about those colors?!

I've been wanting to do a "English Garden" nursery if it's a girl, but I keep looking for the fabric I have in mind and I CANNOT find it anywhere. I thought this was a really cute look and not too pink (which I want to avoid too much pink). So I started looking around...headed for one of my favorite quilt fabric websites www.fatquartershop.com and there on the top of their website is the listing of their new fabrics. Amongst them is this collection. I start scrolling through and what do I find but this, this and this: PERFECT!



The pattern (particularly of the green is almost exactly that of the fabric in the JCP bedding)...so I think I found my fabric!

4 comments:

Jendeis said...

Is it legal for them to come after you for the STD money? I'd check on that.

Rebekah said...

Whew, you got a lot going on! I get the whole work/insurance issue. I'm working on my own exit strategy now. I also totally understand about the friend's pregnancy. I don't think it will ever get easier. ((hugs)) I LOVE the fabric choices. I agree, not too much pink, but just enough!!

The Wife said...

I love that bedspread! It's so awesome that you'll be able to make that.

VA Blondie said...

Sounds like you have a lot going with work. Trying to figure out an exit strategy sounds like it will be a challenge.

The fabric looks beautiful! How wonderful you found the fabric for the quilt. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

LinkWithin