Wednesday, July 8

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice....

It is most certainly a girl! We're going to be having a daughter: That's just way too surreal for me...not only are we having a baby, but it's a GIRL! Matt confessed that he was hoping it was a boy, but that he had a dream a really long time ago that our first child was a girl. I yelled at him, only because I've asked him in the past if he had a preference and whether he ever had any dreams: And he did on both accounts. brat!

I have to say...even though it's a girl and I've wanted a girl, I'm a bit sad it's not a boy: I think I would have been a bit sad either way. I want both, now. I'm a bit greedy aren't I? Either way I think I'd still be having the "oh crap" moment....we're having a GIRL...oh boy, what do we do with a girl?! I know if it was a boy I'd be having the same holy crap moment, thinking "what do we do with a boy?!"

Of course we have to get serious now about names and such. Matt was already asking me about our name "Avelyn" and what other names we've considered etc. Then asking me if we were still planning on doing Beatrix Potter in the room: Too funny. I guess most of my talking for the past few weeks hasn't fallen on deaf ears lol Oh well. There's lots to be done before we have to finalize either of those things.

The appointment went really well: The u/s was so much more awesome at this other place (I think Matt was a bit disappointed that he hadn't gone...my sister even said it was cool). The tech spent so much time going over the whole body and explaining things and her guess was a girl.

Once she was done the Dr. came in and did another u/s himself to check the heart (which was what the tech at our local hospital didn't do): Everything looks good, no signs of spina bifida and everything is how it should be with the heart, and he concluded the appt with double checking that it was indeed a girl. Right now she's head down and weighing in at 1lbs 9oz.

After the appt my sister and I headed to the mall (it's the closest decent mall - yea 2 hours away). I got 2 maxi dresses at NY & Co, for 50% off and some tops at Macy's that were on sale. I think I should, hopefully, be able to get through the summer with what I've got (no, I'm not that tall...we have a small fridge and I'm on my tip-toes).

I still can't believe we're going to have a girl...it's crazy!

13 comments:

sadie607 said...

I'm so excited for you! And I love the dress you have on in the picture.

The Wife said...

This is so exciting! Yay!

The word verification is "she matic". How perfect.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Congrats! And I love that dress. so cute!

(a Braces Buncher)

K said...

Congrats on the little girl!
I love the name, too.

Jendeis said...

Congratulations!!! Dress looks gorgeous.

Liddy said...

Congrats on the girl!

(A Fellow Braces Buncher)

annacyclopedia said...

Congratulations - that is such wonderful news! And yes, the dress looks fantastic on you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Jennifer in MN (sorry still haven't had time to set up an acct but I do read every day). Just wanted to say congrats on the girl! I have a son and I do wonder what a daughter would be like sometimes. Girls have so much more interesting wardrobe choices than boys. :-)

Queenie. . . said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting! So glad they were FINALLY able to sort this out!

Katie said...

Yay! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you

VA Blondie said...

Congratulations on it being a girl! That is so awesome! I am sure she will wrap her daddy around her finger.

Joy said...

Girls are awesome (I am sure boys are fabulous too, but being a girl myself, it's so exciting to be raising one).. and daddy's with their little girls, it's very special to see. The only downside, it's easy to go crazy with the clothes!

Congrats. Above all else, a healthy baby is the most important thing. I am glad the U/S went well.

Trace said...

Congratulations!!

LinkWithin