Sunday, July 5

24 weeks 1 day (AKA Viability)

I'm doing well: Looking forward to my appt on 7/8 and hoping that the Alien is still a girl, or that at the very least we get a strong confirmation of what they are. I actually have someone going along for the ride with me (2hrs one way): MY SISTER! Matt couldn't go because the store is opening and his mom is still out of town, so I just offhandedly asked my sister if she wanted to go and she said "sure".

This is a really big deal, because quite frankly my sister doesn't like babies, and isn't at all interested in my having a baby or being an aunt (she's 16, so I get it). My mom and I think she has more of a fear of babies than actually not liking them (she's the youngest and never really was around babies). I told her that she didn't have to go in for the actual appt, and that I would leave that up to her.

All in all I'm doing well, and probably doing more than I should (i.e. working on my feet for 9 hours, push mowing the lawn [it's flat], standing on the counter to clean the tops of the cabinets). I promise though that I'm always safe and don't push myself; I take lots of breaks and stop if I feel myself getting tired. There's just so much that needs to get done.

I'm hoping that we get home early enough on Wednesday that I can spackle and prime the closet in the nursery...we'll just have to see.

Now, for your viewing pleasure....see I do own other clothes ;-)

7 comments:

sadie607 said...

Yay for viability! And you look adorable.

VA Blondie said...

Hooray for viability! That must feel wonderful to have gotten that far.

I find it hard to slow down too. I have to do a lot of standing, lifting, and bending over in my job. And I get some of my co-workers fussing at me because I am doing too much. Sometimes it is nice, but there are other times when I just roll my eyes. I am pregnant, not an invalid!

The Wife said...

You looks soo cute! I'm hoping for a girl for you too!

annacyclopedia said...

What a beautiful picture of you - you just look so happy! And you're inspiring me with all your hard work - I have a master list of everything I want to do before the baby is born, but haven't really started on it yet!

Jendeis said...

Look at you! You're so gorgeous!

You can do anything you please as long as you're getting the rest that your body tells you that you need.

Melissa G said...

Beautiful picture, thanks for the update.

I think it's sweet that your sister agreed to go, even though she's not a big "baby fan". It shows that she wants to be supportive.

Can't wait to hear how the appointment goes.

Chelle said...

I'm lovin that belly-you look great!

YAY for viability!

LinkWithin