Tuesday, June 24

"Everybody likes to go their own way--to choose their own time and manner of devotion." Jane Austen

So much! Matt went to the car auction today: YAY! He came home with a car. It's a 2000 Dodge Neon. It's got some problems (needs a new muffler and the door latches stick). For $1700 with tax, we can't complain! Even if we only get a couple of years out of it, it's good.

No sign of my coworker on here lately. I was hoping she would at least read my last post. As of right now I'm not planning on changing my blog. If I see that she's coming back frequently I may do something.

On another tangent: I'm fat. My scale hates me more than it ever has in MY LIFE! The summer before we were married I weighed 165 (I'm 5'5"). When we got married I weighed 155. Two and a half years later: I weigh 187...an ALL TIME HIGH for me. Last summer I tried First Place (Christian weightloss) and went from 184 to 175. In January I was back up to 184. I went to the gym 5 days a week (40-60 minutes) and was eating really healthy, I lost two pounds.

I've since gained that plus 5 back. I just found out from our Doctor's office that they're holding a free seminar about medifast. Being that I don't lose very much weight when I try hard for several months. I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Especially since I'll be doing all the drug protocol for our IUI in August. I'd really rather not start at 190 for that. Plus I feel that I have a better shot of things working if I'm at a healthy weight. My goal is to get down to at least 155.

I need to email our RE. Over the course of trying I've noticed that I ovulate later and later: Not sure why. The doctors don't see anything in my tests/workup to suggest it's an issue. I kind of think that it may be from being overweight. I just feel like my weight is becoming such a heavy burden (pun intended). I hate how I feel, that my boobs hit my stomach when I sit, that my arms don't rest at my sides because of my fat. I just feel disgusting. I also hate that with our IF I'd be worried that my weight could affect the success/failure of our having kids.

I know these things (meal/diet plans) are fickle and that one doesn't always lose weight or if one does, they may gain it back. I do plan on getting back to the gym in addition. I'm hoping that Medifast diet will get me jump started, energy etc. Wish me luck!

I think I've decided on a haircut. A bob, with lots of layers. I'm also having it highlighted. My natural highlights are red/gold, so I'll probably go with something along those lines, just to punch it up a bit...maybe a little more dramatic.








OH! We also worked on our bookcase this past weekend. I'm hoping to get the whole thing sanded and possibly stained this coming weekend (all while having a garage sale). Here it is so far:

4 comments:

SAHW said...

Congrats on the new car! Sounds like a great deal.

I think a lot of us are struggling with weight issues...and everything you said really resonates with me.

Kym posted about this today and pointed out what looks like a good resource...I'll probably try it out after we get back from our trip (no dieting on vacation for me!)
http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/2008/06/better-than-sparking-a-doobie-because-doobies-give-you-the-munchies.html

SAHW said...

darn, it looks like the whole URL didn't come through - well, you can find it from her main blog page link - smartone.typepad.com

Larisa said...

A lot of my NCLM comments are goofy, too. I don't always know what to say or have enough time to adequately form the words.

Congrats on the car, good luck with the weight loss plan.

Jenn said...

Hi,

I found your blog through another blogger from the nest. You posted a comment that intrigued me so I checked out your blog. Anyway, I wanted to comment on your weight issue. I am sure considering your current situation you have checked everything but have you been checked for PCOS? I was diagnosed with that over a year ago and had the same weight issues. No matter how hard I tried a hardly lost any or gained it right back. Turns out my PCOS not me was to blame. Furthermore, my weight (not just the PCOS) did impact ability to conceive. With a nutritionist specializing in PCOS I conceived after losing 30 lbs and going on Metformin. WAHOO! I am now 6 months pg! Best of luck to you.

LinkWithin