Thursday, June 19

What a day!

My day started at 5:30 this morning. Matt and I got up and headed to my parents' to pick up my mom. From there we went to a strawberry farm a 1/2 hour away to pick berries. It was cold, it was wet, it was EARLY! We got to the farm at 7:00 am when they opened. Within an hour we had picked 6 baskets (approx 5#'s each).

(like my boots) Matt is now cutting our 3 baskets and getting ready to make Strawberry-Rhubarb wine. Of course we'll also have fresh Strawberry Shortcake tonight :-) Yum!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Yummm....I used to go with my mom strawberry picking. I can still taste how deliscious they were picked right from the plant...all warm from the sun. Mmmm....

SAHW said...

Those strawberries look amazing! I am itching to go strawberry picking too...

Perhaps you can just express your condolences to your co-worker and say, you're not alone - then you can see if he wants to talk or not, but at least you will have tried that way.

LinkWithin