Monday, June 30

Ah Lord God! It is you who made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. Jerem. 32:17

Here we are: It's MONDAY again! I'm trying to get excited, but it's just not working. I feel like the weekend was a whirl-wind, and yet I feel like nothing was accomplished.

Friday night my mom and her friend came over to help me get things labelled for the yardsale. Saturday morning I got up at 6:30 and started setting the tables up in the yard and carrying everything outside. By 6:50 I had sold Matt's car: YAY! That was the end of the excitement for the day.

At 2:00 it started pouring: I had only sold a handful of stuff: $50 (and one item was $10). There was a lot of cars going by, but not many people stopping. I had 5 boxes of stuff (glasses, mugs, knick-knacks) that all went to the church attic for the rummage sale, and I have 6 garbage bags full of clothes. If all the clothes had sold I would have had about $150+. Everything was priced around $.50-$3 depending on what it was and what shape it was in. I had some clothes that still had the original price tags on them, never worn. If anyone is looking for Women's clothes (size 14) or Men's clothes (32-34): Let me know. (pic: my mom and Matt's grandma).

After the disappointment that was my yard sale, I proceeded to go out and work in the garden and putz around the house. Matt had spent the day with my dad making sausage (my parents used to own a deli/butcher shop and my dad used to make everything for it). Unfortunately, Matt was stung by a bee: He is, of course, allergic to them. Fortunately he isn't someone who is severely allergic, but his arm did swell up and is still a little swollen and red...this after 2 days of benadryl. He may be going to the doctor this afternoon. In the evening we watched "Definitely, Maybe": It was cute.

Sunday we went to church and then up to Matt's parents' house. We had a lot of stuff that we need to pull out and get ready for the car show. While there we had lunch and then headed over to my parents for dinner (we are not a food oriented family at all ;-) In the evening we did some more things around the house: Matt went out and mowed the backyard (first time in 2 weeks) and I started cleaning the dining room. Afterward, we put on the TV and caught the tail-end of "Cheaper by the Dozen 2": Which I love!

Of course, the movie made me cry, but not in a bad way, more of in a happy way. At the end when they were all rushing Nora off to the hospital I did turn to Matt and say: "I want a big family". We've always pretty much wanted 4 kids, if we could have them for free, we'd probably have more. We both just love kids and love family. Now, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, these movies "glamorize" big families and make it look like a lot of fun and it's all wonderful and the parents have all this free time: Life isn't like a movie. The one thing the movie does well, is show the amount of love they have. Matt and I have a lot of love to share.

No comments:

LinkWithin