Thursday, April 24

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn

Katharine Hepburn....my FAVORITE actress! I love her! I certainly don't always agree with what she said or how she lived her life, but she was an amazing actress and always told people exactly how it was or what she was thinking; something I wish I was capable of (I always sit by in silence).

Yesterday we walked around outside and cleaned up the yard a bit. We also pegged out our veggie garden, where the hen house is going, the woodpile, and some trees we're going to cut down. Now I have to start ripping up the sod and preparing the soil: FUN! Fortunately the garden is not that big...maybe 8x10. We're hoping to get a start on our hen house in the next couple of weeks.

We're still waiting on the contractor to get back to us on the fencing. We decided we're going to bite the bullet and just do it. It became very obvious yesterday that it was necessary. I got home from work and took the dogs out, on their leash, in the backyard. We were out there a few minutes, when I looked toward the street and noticed a male pit-bull standing at the end of my driveway. He didn't do anything, but I right away put the girls back in the house, then went out front.

The neighbors had gotten a hold of him; no idea where the owners were. Later that evening, while driving to church, we saw another stray a couple blocks from our house. These are the 3rd and 4th sitings of unleashed dogs in our town in the past few weeks. With chickens in our yard and the girls out there (and kids someday) I want to know that they're all safe. We will be going ahead with the fence.

Tonight, I'm planning on playing soccer with my sister and her friends. That's more fun to me than 40 minutes on the elliptical. I also feel frustrated with the gym: I pay $40 a month and I haven't lost a pound after 3 months. I don't really have the extra $40 and I think I want to start back with my pilates DVDs: I always feel like I get more out of those.

1 comment:

sadie607 said...

Prayers and of good thoughts for both of you.

LinkWithin