Thursday, April 24

Thank YOU! All of you!

This afternoon at work I was playing around and figured out how to tell how many people are "subscribed" to my blog through google reader: 4, 1 of which is me. I felt likely Lilly in "Princess Diaries" when she's telling Mia what she thinks about her being a princess:
Mia: It's a nightmare!
Lilly: No, think about it. I just found out my cable show reaches only 12 people. Wanting to rock the world, but having zip power, like me, that's a nightmare.

That's how I was feeling this afternoon: Completely alone. That I blog, and while I do it for myself, I also do it because I want to reach out to other people. Because I want to have a positive affect on someone or something. Because I want other people who are in similar situations to mine (whether it be IF, daily life, home renovations, cooking, farming, gardening, photography, missing "real" friends who can understand and support, etc), to know they're not alone. And while you and I may never meet IRL...it doesn't make any of us less real to each other.

Then I came home to your comments: All of you supporting, encouraging, praying for and hoping with me. For that I thank you, all of you. Ultimately, it isn't the quantity, but the quality...and that, you guys give to me.

All you lurkers out there...if you read my blog, "SHOW YOURSELVES!" so I can read your's too :-)

I don't know if there really are only a few of you (you know who you are) who regularly read and comment on my blog, but thank you. Thank you for being here for me during the good and the bad, and helping me see the silver lining and giving me hope and a shoulder to lean on. And for coming back.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hi,
I am one of the people subscribed to your blog. I think I saw it on the Nest and just added it to my list of blogs in google reader. I love reading other's people blogs because sometimes it gives me a different perspective about IF and I also can learn some things too!

LinkWithin