Thursday, October 25

On the road…

Written Wednesday, October 24th 9:40pm

By the time you are all reading this I’ll be on the road to Allume. It’s getting rather surreal to think that by this time tomorrow I will have no responsibilities to anyone but myself. It won’t be me putting kids to bed and doing dishes. Today has gone in spits and spats; one minute feeling like the day is flying, another as though it’s crawling. I didn’t spend nearly as much time with the kids as I wanted to, but we did get some cuddles in. Tomorrow is a first…I’ll be away from my family for 3 nights, for the first time since before Avelyn was born.

Anyways {before I write myself into a puddle of sobbing, homesick tears…wonder if I’ll have them at night}.

There’s a purpose to this rambling. The other day, you might have seen that Matt “hacked” my blog {I use the term very loosely as all he did was write and I posted} and posted about how the impending conference has been good for me, but there’s something he didn’t mention: If it weren’t for him I wouldn’t be going to this conference.

As a stay at home I have no income of my own, no I don’t make any money off my blog. My going to this conference is being paid for by my husband working so very, VERY, EXTREMELY hard for his family. It’s an incredible gift that he has given me, not only in footing the bill (ie. ticket, gas, room, clothes, random odds-n-ends), but in being so very willing to step up and take care of the kids while I am gone.

There honestly are not enough words to describe how incredible Matt is, both as a husband and as a father. Matthew, thank you so much for supporting me in this, in all ways imaginable: Thank you! I’m sure you already know that I’m going to be incredibly homesick for you and the kids (just think of Celine Dion's song ;-)

Whatever prayers anyone is willing to send our way would be greatly appreciated: For my self, for Matt, the kids {especially Ave, who is going to have a really hard time with my being gone}, my mom and mother in law {who are taking care of the kids tomorrow and Friday} and for all my fellow Allumies.

No comments:

LinkWithin