Friday, October 26

Five Minute Friday {from Allume}

Voices in my mind, telling me what I should, can be, voices that are not from above, but from around, from the earth winds of time and passions, of others that are not always of Him. I need only listen to one voice, His, but it is so often drowned out by the clutter, the mundane and overwhelming. I need to be still, to be, to sit quietly, to listen for the still small voice of His. To take my direction from above, from within, ignoring the without. 

I hear my voice, trying so desperately to quell the storm, the deluge, the flood of those things that I need to ignore. Enough! It is enough to just be, to hear His voice and to ignore all others. If only it were that easy. To find my voice, I need to silence those around me.

Join me in linking up with Five Minute Friday with The Gypsy Mama.

No comments:

LinkWithin