Tuesday, December 20

33weeks 4 day OB Appointment

I'm home for Christmas, unless something happens: YAY! The babies looked good. I didn't get an internal ultrasound, but they did (manually) check my cervix which is soft, but closed and about 2cms long, 50% effaced. That was good.

We finally talked about delivery options and dates. There are only 3 doctors that are comfortable with a triplet delivery, 2 we've never met, the other one we don't like (he's the one that got mad at me when I wouldn't reduce the pregnancy). So, it looks like we're having a c-section.

I'm kind of "ehh" about the idea of a c-section, but there are certainly more pros (although, not as heavily weighted benefits compared to a va.ginal delivery). The big things being that we can chose the doctor, our insurance will cover me being in the hospital for 4 days, which gives us a better chance of the babies all coming home with us, and avoiding having FOUR different co-pays and deductibles to meet. Plus we get a doctor that we like and feel comfortable with.

I also had a steroid shot today to help the babies' lungs. After discussing it for quite some while Matt and I decided we would go ahead with that. Of course someone has to stab me in the butt tomorrow morning.....guess who's doing that? It's not Matt. MIL (who is an RN, and was an OB-RN for almost 30 years) is coming down to give me my heiny-shot in the morning....YAY!

So, it's looking like sometime between January 2 and 9th these babies will be here. I'm waiting for my OB-NP to call me with the doctors schedules to iron out a date. Of course, all of this is speculation and they could arrive before then, but at least we have a plan, what is the saying "Man makes plans and God laughs".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay - this is awesome! You must be on cloud nine with having the babies put for as long as usually twins last!!!

Amanda said...

So close! The finish line is in sight!

Life Happens said...

That's great that you will be home for Christmas!!
BTW, I love the blog makeover. Where did u find the cute template??

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Great news, those steroid shots make a huge amount of difference (and increase your appetite), this time next year it will all seem a dream.

LinkWithin