Saturday, November 19

Operation Christmas Child

The other day Ave and I took our shoe boxes to church for Operation Christmas Child. This year we did 4 boxes again (2 girls/2boys). Ave did help with picking some of the stuff for the girls' boxes, and she didn't put up too much of a fight when I told her we were giving the things to someone who didn't have anything (there was a fight, but not much).

This year our church did 47 boxes (if I counted correctly in the picture): Yay! We did something different and paid the shipping on our boxes online, so that we can find out where in the world the boxes end up. Once they've arrived we'll get an email telling where the boxes went. I can't wait to find that out!

We're hoping as the kids grow up, having that element will make it that much more fun and real to them. Heck, I'm excited! We also included a small card with a note for the child, with our names, and a picture.

Unfortunately, there is no cute picture of Ave and the boxes this year. I was not up to carrying 5 shoe boxes and corralling Miss A in the church.....next year we'll get a picture: Each one of the kids with their box :-P


I do wish there was a way to see the child getting your box, or opening it, but I guess that's part of trusting in God. We don't know if we included things they needed or not, but we just trust and pray that wherever God sends the boxes that the child who receives it is blessed by it's contents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great thing to do! We are not part of any religion - but when our baby boy is big enough to share his toys, I think it would be good to do something like this, too.

stephanie said...

i did this too! first year for me and i can not wait to find out who receives our shoebox.

LinkWithin