Tuesday, October 18

Nursery Ideas

Yesterday, my MIL and I, and a friend, went to Ikea in NJ...that's right...we drove 2 hours [one way] to go shopping at a store. Unfortunately, Ikea hasn't deemed upstate NY worthy of it's own Ikea. We went with the intentions of getting the twin bed and dresser for the nursery, as well as some other things (mostly gifts for Ave for her birthday and Christmas).

This is my "design board" for the nursery. The elephant fabric is for the curtains and some pillows for the twin bed, the room color is staying the same, that's the crib we're getting from Ta.rget, and the twin bed I found last year for $10.

My in-laws are currently refinishing the bed for me (since no one will let me), so far they have it all sanded down and repaired all of the damage and chips/cracks in the wood. MIL is hoping to get it primed this week and painted in the next couple of weeks, to match to the rest of our white furniture. It's going to look awesome!

We picked up the dresser yesterday, which is this one ----->, from Ikea. It looks like it should be big enough to hold quite a bit of clothes for the kiddos, as well as diapering supplies and other stuff kids seem to need. I also bought some baskets that are used with the dressers to hold all those little things that get lost (socks, ointments, thermometers etc).

I'm hoping to get the room finished in the next few weeks. My MIL is making the curtains for the room, and a friend is going to come over and clean the room for us. Once that's done then we can assemble the one crib we have, the dresser, and the bed....start getting things to look finished in there...YAY!

I'm excited to see how the whole room is going to come together. We still need to get bedding for the twin bed, as well as rocking chair/recliner. I do have a lamp that needs to be refinished, but it won't take much work. Once all the things are in, I'll start to think about wall decor. I'm thinking of a tree decal on the wall, but I'm not sure....Any ideas?

I am going to do something with the kids names, either wood letters or decals. Of course, no one's quilt is actually going to match the room: The boys are getting red, white and blue sail boats, and I have no idea what little girl is getting lol.

It's a start.

No comments:

LinkWithin