Sunday, August 21

345 days until the next fair :-P

We survived! Only by the grace of God, but we did. It's been a really hard week: Matt has been gone most days from 6am until 1am the next day (yea, that's only 5 hours at home, 1 of which was spent doing bookkeeping and showering). Ave must have started to really miss her Daddy, because by Tuesday she never slept past 6am: That means Mommy has been going on about 4 hours of sleep a night, all week...I'm dead.

This week I have felt so incredibly blessed though and I know why: Sunday morning started out with Matt praying aloud for the two of us....he is never vocal in his prayers....which just meant so absolutely much to me. All week I just kept in constant dialog with God, praying for him, for all our employees, for me and for Ave. It wasn't an easy week, and things weren't perfect, but we got through it without ever getting our panties in too big of a bunch. Thank you LORD!

Now I'm glad it's done: Matt is tearing down today and probably won't be home until after 7pm, but it's done. Tomorrow we'll do all the bookkeeping and bill paying and payroll and all those fun things. Oh, and tomorrow begins Matt's normal work week.

It's incredible to me...he goes from working 70-80 hours a week, plus setting up the fair in the evenings, another 40-50 hours, working the fair all week with 135-140 hours, to going right back to his 70-80 hour week. I'm seriously looking forward to fall and things slowing down....A LOT! He works so insanely hard for us.

Our next order of business is getting Ave back on track. She has not had any kind of routine at all for the past few weeks (err...month maybe). She's been watching way too much TV, not enough time outside, meals were on the fly, discipline was relaxed...it's been all about surviving or rather, Mommy surviving, because it's been tough. Let's just say that running around with an almost 2 year old, while 16 weeks with triplets is a new experience. I've just been too tired to do anything (cook, run around outside, discipline etc). This should definitely be interesting though.

Anyways, I'll have a big fun fair post coming as soon as I get my camera back: Ave road [is that the right word?] rode (Thank you Sadie, I'm a bit dopey) a pony, loved the animals, and we saw an awesome quilt! Keep tuned!

9 comments:

Miranda said...

Grateful that you guys made it through the fair and that things will start to slow down a bit.

Can't wait to hear about your next appt!!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you made it. I hope next year is MUCH easier. And if surviving means that dinner come out of a can or the tv fills in more than desired, then that's ok.

Kristin said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have been incredibly busy. Hope things settle down soon for y'all.

ICLW #19

lauren said...

Glad things can slow down for your family now... sounds like you need it!!

Can't wait to see a belly pic!!

MoonNStarMommy said...

How fun!!! Sounds like you've been busy but in a good way! That'll be a fun post to read too!

It's always fun (dripping with sarcasm) to get a toddler back into a routine after having a period of time with a lax'd routine. It's like starting from scratch sometimes. So - wishing you mega luck there!!

Triplets??? HOW FUN!!! And Scary!! I always really wanted multiples .. but God saw that I might go nuts, so he waited until my last two and gave them to me 16 months apart. #3 has medical issues (type of dwarfism being one) and is currently smaller then my brute of a 4th child... they are so close in age, they have hit a lot of milestones together, they speak their own language, were in the same size clothes for a long time, and still depending on what it is can share clothes.. it's amazing ... Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I pray only good things, because I know pregnancies with multiples can be scary.

Happy ICLW from #86 :D

sadie607 said...

Glad you survived the fair! And I think you're looking for rode a pony haha don't you hate when you can't remember or figure our the right word? I do that all the time.

Anonymous said...

It will be nice to have DH around more, I'm glad the fair is over. My husband travels a lot for work and I know I always look forward to having normal family time again.
Triplets- that's very exciting! How's big sister handling it?

ICLW #60

Megan @ Grimm Tales said...

I can't even imagine how tired you must be feeling! Rest up, Momma. Mommy survival is a must!!

foxy said...

four hours of sleep? Oh my gosh I would be a wreck! I am dragging so much after even getting a full 8 hours of sleep!

LinkWithin