Tuesday, March 8

Pork Loin with Fig Sauce

In trying to keep with my new recipe a month thing, that I started back here, last night we had Pork Loin with Fig Sauce, a la Giada De Laurentiis. I just have to mention....I know that Sophia Loren declared "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti" and Giada has about the same motto...but seriously?! If I ate pasta constantly and ate the way she cooks I'd look more like this woman (which, now that I look at that picture....I already do).

Anyways.....this was super easy and super delicious. The fig sauce would be great in anything...particularly cookies.

I didn't have any port, but Matt had a bit of his concord mead left so I used that and made up the difference with a bit extra water.

Here it is: Mange!


I served it with roasted asparagus and acorn squash with honey: Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin