Tuesday, March 8

One Thousand Gifts

There's this book being circulated in the web-o-sphere that is getting people talking. I actually didn't even realize that what I kept seeing here-and-there was actually related to a book...I thought it was just someone's cool graphic design with a great idea: One Thousand Gifts!


I had hoped to read the book before starting my collection of gifts, but my mom hasn't finished the book yet and we're on a spending freeze in our house and the library doesn't have it. Hopefully I'll get to read the book before too long.

The general idea, or at least what I have gathered from the website and the author's blog is looking to the every day to find the numerous ways in which God has blessed us. I'm (hoping) to write down twenty-five gifts every day of Lent, which is forty days; at the end of which I will have come up with a thousand ways in which I am blessed by God's gifts.

There are two ways to find my list: 1) you can click on the tag One Thousand Gifts or 2) click on the link on the right-hand column.

Here we go!

1. A bathroom floor that is so much easier to clean
2. Mirrors that are covered with face smears and little hand prints
3. Snow that turned all the ugly brown back to shimmering white
4. A husband who works without ceasing for his family
5. Family dinners with the three of us
6. That I've been able to be a SAHM
7. Having our own chickens for eggs
8. Owning a grocery store
9. A husband who eats [almost] whatever I put on the table
10. A MIL who sews!
11. The internet
12. Credit card companies that remove a late fee, 1 time, as a courtesy
13. 30% off at Koh.ls
14. A paycheck
15. A daughter who gives the most amazing bear-hugs
16. A mom who really does try to so hard to please everyone
17. My newly repaired (AGAIN!) camera coming in the mail today
18. Birds chirping outside my window in the morning
19. Hearing the geese flying northward (spring IS coming!)
20. A quilt shop down the street
21. Running water!!
22. An oil furnace that we can run when we run out of wood
23. The skills to make our own furniture pieces
24. Babysitters that I can TRUST with my daughter
25. Friends that GET IT, whatever "IT" may be

3 comments:

sadie607 said...

This is a great idea. I may join you in this.

Jendeis said...

What a wonderful thing to do!

Queenie. . . said...

I am so envious of your babysitters! I don't have any here, and have decided that it's more trouble than it's worth to find one, since my old nanny is coming to stay with us in a few months. But that means we haven't been out since December!

LinkWithin