Tuesday, July 6

Hope you had a Happy 4th of July!

We've been busy! It always seems to me, when the rest of the world is on holiday we're working. What's up with that?!

Saturday, July 3rd

We had the car show...it was a gorgeous day! We couldn't have asked for it to be better: The sun was out, it was in the 80s and not a smitch of humidity. Matt left for work around 7:30, and Ave and I went over to the fairgrounds around 11:30 after she had a good morning nap. We stayed over there until 10:30, after the fireworks.

MIL spent the day down there to help with A so I could work and if A needed me to lend an extra pair of hands. A was so good all day...grandma took her for a couple of walks, went and listened to the music, and just spent the day playing.

I wanted to stay and see the fireworks, but I didn't know how they would go over. A was completely cool with them. I held her and had her ears covered (the noise bothered her a bit), but she watched and loved the fireworks. We came home had a bath (the DIRTIEST bathwater I have ever seen...just imagine...crawling around all day and sitting near a greasy, smell concession stand)...then went to bed.

I had hoped that she would stay out until at least the early morning...nope (she's back to her terrible sleeping): We were up at 1:30, 3:00, 5:15, 5:30, 6:15 and up for the day at 7:30. Of course mommy was EXHAUSTED (I did work 10 hours the day before).
Sunday, July 4th

In the morning Grandma came and got A and took her to church and up to their house in the morning so that I could wash the truckload of nasty dishes. Just imagine the worst baked on, caked on, greasiest, nastiest mess...I had a truckload of them. It took me about 3 hours, then I headed over to the fairgrounds to finish tearing down over there.

In the afternoon I went up to my ILs' to see A, we were all heading to Matt's grandparents "Brook Party" in the afternoon. A was napping so MIL and I sat on the couch watching DIY network and eating chocolate cake.

We took A swimming in the pond....this was the first time that Daddy was witness or partaking in the swimming. I had bought a little swim thing for A to sit in, but I think the water was too cold where her feet were, because she hated it.

In the evening we came home, had a bath, and went to bed.


Monday, July 5th

Today was the painters last day. I don't have pictures yet, because there are some decorating things I want to do before I can say it's done.

In the afternoon we went to my mom's friend's house to swim in their pool. It seems that A would rather you just hold her while in the water, rather than sit in something.

Tuesday, July 6th

I ordered a camera....I had it with mine. I've been rather ticked. At one point the camera was down to $750 on Amazon.com and I figured that was the new price and held off on buying it until I had saved up more money. Well, I went back to look at it again and it was back up to $850: WHAT?!

Yesterday I played around with different companies and prices and had convinced myself I was OK with buying a refurbished camera from Ador.ama.com...they also had a 6 months free financing deal. So I put the order through. I went back to Amazon.com to order stuff for my sister and niece's birthdays, and there was a thing about 12 months free financing on the camera (it was still in the cart).

So I canceled the original order, and ordered the NEW camera through amazon.com, plus I have 12 months to pay it off (which I'll have it paid off by the end of the summer).

Hopefully it will be here before the weekend.

I hope you all are staying cool, or as cool as you can.

3 comments:

Photogrl said...

Whew! You had a busy weekend!

Love the family picture of all of you from the fairgrounds...very nice.

Yay for ordering a new camera!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend!! Av is soo cute. and...you get your new camera?! Yay!

sadie607 said...

Avelyn is so cute in her outfits and your post made me tired. I'm so excited for you that you got your new camera.

LinkWithin