Monday, July 12

The big reveal!

Well, the house is DONE! YAY! I cannot tell you how glad I am to have my house to myself again and not feel like I need to be available to someone else the whole day. The painters finished last Monday, but I didn't get all of the finishing touches done until the other day.

Here's the before picture


And now...




The furniture was pretty beat up...we bought it 4 years ago at price chopper for $300 for the whole set. I scrubbed all the flaky paint off, washed it, scrubbed it again, then brushed the left over trim paint from the house on it. I bought a $14 wa.lmart flat king sheet in black and stitched up new covers for the seats.

The house just looks so much better now...of course my flower beds are devastated between the tromping painters and the lack of rain we've had. I even learned how to replace the panes of glass in our windows. The contractor didn't do the curved pieces on the top, because it was way too labor intensive...but they showed me how to do them, so this fall Matt and I are going to try our hand at it.

I'm happy....I love the look of it now and the black trim above the windows just makes it so sharp!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

It all looks great! I especially love the window boxes.

Jendeis said...

Oh, I'm in love! The yellow is fantastic and I adore the window boxes and trim. So beautiful!

Kymberli said...

I LOVE the yellow! It's so bright and cheerful!

VA Blondie said...

Such a happy house! I love the color!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

It is beautiful! I love the yellow and the black just above it looks snazzy!

sadie said...

I love love love it! It looks amazing the yellow and the black were perfect choices.

JJ said...

It looks amazing!!

raisingmiles said...

Love the yellow and the window boxes!

Janna said...

Very nice!!!!

chicklet said...

I luv luv LUV the yellow!

Nicole said...

The house looks fantastic...great job!

LinkWithin