Wednesday, July 14

Train Wreck?

(spoiler) Does anyone here watch TrueBlood? It's based on the Sookie Stackhouse series of books by Charlaine Harris. The books were good...not good in the way the classics are or Outlander is, but a decent, mindless read.

I can't make up my mind about the TV show though. We've been watching the episodes on Netflix (don't have cable/satellite) since last fall. The first few episodes of season 1 were pretty close to the book, but then BAM! the show is now NOTHING like the books.

Now Matt and I sit here with our mouths open for the majority of each episode: I'm in complete shock. Between the gore, s.ex, and the complete deviation from the books I'm not sure why we still watch it. The only reason I can think of is the Train Wreck factor. Just to be shocked by what is going to happen next.

Does anyone else feel this way about it?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel EXACTLY that way! I definitely prefer the books to the show, but just can't turn away. Of course there's also the Alexander SkarsgÄrd factor, too. :D

LinkWithin