Monday, May 10

Mom's Big Day!


~ May 8th ~
In the morning A and I got up and ready to pick up my mom. She had asked me to go with her to the Mother's Day breakfast at their church....so I did. We got there around 8:45 and my sister met us there. Afterward my mom and sister headed home. I went home to get things organized for the party.

My sister called me at noon and told me they were leaving...she took my mom to B-ton (1hr away) to go to lunch and a movie). At 1pm I headed up to my parents house to finish cleaning and setting up. My sister was supposed to have done most of the cleaning and getting the guest room ready for my uncle and his family. She didn't do ANYTHING! The house was trashed...stuff everywhere...it was disgusting. My parents have 3 dogs and work in the store 70 hours a week and aren't really home to do much in depth cleaning. So, I hopped to it. I put A on a blanket with some toys while I dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. She even was a good girl and took a nap while we were up there.

After that I raced home to get showered, give A a bath, grab the last of the food and head back up to my parents. My dad was home and he was dumb-founded at how much I cleaned the house. People started showing up and we were getting rid of the cars...parking them on another road.

At 6:15 everyone was there...but I couldn't get a hold of my sister to find out where they were. They finally showed up at 6:50: My sister had lost her phone and they had gone back to look for it.


My mom was SO SURPRISED!!!!! She completely didn't expect a party. She walked around seeing everyone and then I told her there were two more surprises for her: Showed her the quilt and she started crying. Then I told her to turn around: Her friend, that she hasn't seen in 18 years, was there. So there were more tears and of course by then I was crying.

It was good....she had a lot of fun, the food was great, the friends were great...even A did well the whole evening. She took 2 good naps 30-45 minutes, which allowed me to "host" and entertain. Unfortunately, my brother and his wife didn't show up. I guess there weekend was too busy or something. Part of me is seriously pissed that he couldn't be bothered to come home for his mom's 50th birthday and part of me is like, whatever. I know he's got a lot going on, bust still. When we got home I was exhausted though. I was so glad that my mom had so much fun and was surprised.

It was definitely a good birthday! There's more pictures here.

4 comments:

sadie607 said...

I love this. Especially since you're mom was so surprised. I'm glad it all worked out. The quilt really is amazing.

Crossing My Fingers said...

So glad it went well and she loved the quilt!!! Friends, families and surprises are the best!

kimbosue said...

YAY! So glad everything went well. I got chills as your mom hugged her friend!

Photogrl said...

Looks like it was a great party!

What a wonderful gift for you to give your Mom on her 50th!

LinkWithin