Thursday, May 13

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it. ~ Buddy Hackett

Our menu isn't quite as restrictive, yet. We've slowly been adding to the variety of foods that Avelyn is eating. I've also started making some of them myself, which is really rather very easy. So far she has had:
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Peas
  • Carrots (pureed and "frozen" sticks)
  • Acorn Squash
  • Lettuce (she just mouths the stalky part)
  • Cucumbers (more for teething)
  • Pears
  • Apples
  • Prunes
  • Avocados
The only FAIL! were the peas, she's not too keen on the avocado, but I think it's growing on her. It probably helps that I sit there with her and if she doesn't eat whats in her bowl, I do...then she gets interested.

Someday I'm sure we'll institute the "take it or leave it" policy, but right now we'll let Avelyn's pickiness slide.

6 comments:

Manda said...

Monkey absolutely refused peas as a baby. Now, at age 2, he will eat them. He seems to love the flavor, but not the texture. He takes a bite, shivers as it goes down, then takes another after he recovers. Hilarious!

She'll probably LOVE bananas. When we started bananas, we had trouble getting Monk to eat anything else. They seem like a universal OMG SO GOOD baby food.

Crossing My Fingers said...

I've always heard of moms who make their own baby food...if I ever have a kid, I plan on trying that. She's a cutie!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

She is just adorable!

Photogrl said...

If peas are the only fail so far, I'd say you're doing really good!

She's SO cute!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

HAHA my son used to love all that stuff as a baby, but not now. He is the pickiest eater EVER!!! I do use the this is what we're having take it or leave it or make your own!!!! I'm not a short order cook.

My dtr though is a really good eater. Will try anything once.

Mary

kimbosue said...

There is not enough space in this comment box to list everything Miles eats. The only thing he doesn't really care for is fresh papaya. He will eat it in the mixed fruit cups though....maybe he doesn't know what it is coming from the cup. :-)

LinkWithin