Tuesday, March 9

Home is where the heart is....

We were going to go to Lowe.s today and pick up the rest of what we needed for the bathroom, but FIL's pick-up is in the shop and quite frankly cement board, doors, and tile aren't going to fit in my malibu...so we're going to go tomorrow night after work.

We didn't get much done in the bathroom this weekend...well, let me rephrase that, we didn't get as much as I thought should be done. What we did was place things out in the room and see how they would work out. It's a good thing we did, because the shower door (that I said was too short when Matt said it wouldn't be) is going to be too short and we have to get another one.
The door we got was only 65 1/2" high, that's how tall I am and there is a metal bar that frames out the door. I tried explain to Matt and the sales rep at Lowe.s that it was going to be too short, but I'm a girl, what do I know.

The cabinet came out great...Matt cut the back off and rebuilt it (remember, it's a kitchen cabinet, which is 24" deep, cut down to a bath cabinet, which is 21" deep). It's all going to fit absolutely perfectly on that wall.
The only thing I'm thinking may need to be reconfigured is the mirror above the sink. We bought an oval 24x36" mirror, but I'm thinking it's not going to be wide enough. I'm planning on keeping my eyes opened at the consignment shop and home goods for a bigger mirror.

Oh, and remember how I was looking for a roll out shelf, like this, to fit in the cabinet? I looked high and low and it could be found, but was $100 [seriously]. I don't have, nor do I want to spend a $100 on a piece of metal.

I came up with this idea! I'm planning on taking apart my desk in the office this summer (it's falling apart) and I realized that the draw rollers are the exact same thing. So I can build the roll out shelves for the cost of a couple of pieces of wood :-) AND it can be the exact height/depth/width I want...just have to find the baskets for it: Cool huh?

I've still been questing for kitchen curtains...and I FOUND THEM, but they're out of stock. Have you checked out the BHG line for Walm.art? It's actually really nice, and pretty well made too. Well I found these three curtain patterns that I like and it would only be $60 to do all 3 windows (as opposed to $60 for 1 window).

I'm torn between the the red and the one in the middle...of course both of them have parts (either valance or tiers) that are unavailable online and I don't think my walma.rt had them. I just worry that the red is going to make the room too dark. Any opinions?

I found a very cool blog, which may or may not be shutting down, it's called Knock-Off Wood. This lady is amazing...she makes me look like a loser. She draws up plans for all the furniture that you see in things like Pottery B.arn: It's some awesome stuff and really rather impressive.

No comments:

LinkWithin