Wednesday, March 24

First Glimpse

I'm sorry the photo quality stinks...normally I have my quilts on the floor and can stand far enough away to get a good picture. I had to do this on our guest bed. Here it is though...the rough layout of my mom's quilt. If you click on it you should be able to see it bigger.

This is actually the first time I have even seen it all "together": I think I really love it!
There is one block missing...the center one. I haven't finished working on it yet, but so far it says:

Daughter. Granddaughter. Sister. Friend.

Loretta Margaret
May 8, 1960

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Proverbs 31:27-29

Wife. Mother. Oma.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure she will love it!

Rach said...

Very lovely. Looks like it takes a lot of hard work!

VA Blondie said...

Beautiful! I know she will love it!

sadie607 said...

It's beautiful. I am always so in awe of your talent. She's going to love it.

Jendeis said...

Ooh, I love it!

Melissa G said...

Your quilts are so amazing!

I still remember the quilt you made, I think for your sister? It was a birthday gift and you took the pictures outside. Not sure, but i think of them often.

Do you have an Etsy sight? If not you should!

kimbosue said...

It's gorgeous! And I love the scripture in the center block!

LinkWithin