Friday, March 19

A few good things....

I hope you all had a Happy St. Patrick's Day: Our's was crazy! I baked quite a few loaves of Irish Soda Bread to sell in the store and I cooked most of the dinner for everyone since they were working all day.

I'm not really a corned beef person...I've actually HATED it the past few years we've had it. But this year, my dad made his own corned beef to sell in the store and let me just say OH MY GOODNESS! It was absolutely delicious! Especially with a little bit of horseradish sauce...mmmmm.


I've worked steadily on my mom's quilt. I think I may actually make my deadline: YAY! I have 2 more photo blocks to finish (the center block and my sister's). It took me quite a while to get the cuts right for the framing, but I think they came out good. Now next week I can go up to MIL's and stitch them all together and get the top finished (then I'll have pictures).

I just have to figure out the backing. My mom gave me a duvet (to cut up) that my grandmother (her mom) had brought with her from Germany in the 1950s: I want to use that (there's all batten-burg lace on it) as the backing. I have no other use for it and think that would complete the thing. I think I may be asking MIL to help me out on that one.

I think my mom is getting suspicious or something. She's been telling us for the past few years she doesn't want a party...we were ignoring her and throwing a surprise party. Well the other day she informed my sister that she maybe wants a party...my sister flipped on her and I think shut her down. My sister has planned a spa day for her and my mom...she started going off on my mom about how much she's looking forward to this etc etc.

The other thing is...MIL knows this quilt is a SURPRISE, but she mentioned babysitting A in front of my mom. My mom knows I NEVER take A up to the IL's. She asked me yesterday what I was doing all morning. I told her stuff, but she kept asking "What kind of stuff?" GRRR! Woman!

Just to leave you with a fun picture: My sister asked me to do this for her.

4 comments:

sadie607 said...

i love the pics of A. and I can't wait to see the finished quilt. It sounds like it's going to be beautiful.

kimbosue said...

That diaper pic is cute!
And Miss A drinking green beer? GAH! It's ok. Miles has already found a taste for Heineken.

Debbie said...

Are those diapers on the line? I love the look of laundry on a clothesline (very controversial in some places tho)
that's funny.
A is Adorable

Photogrl said...

A. is just too cute! :)

LOVE the diapers on the line...are they AIO's?

Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

LinkWithin