Tuesday, January 26

“If I want to be alone, some place I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want - I go to the bathroom.” Alicia Keys

Well...we've started! Last night Matt started on the bathroom by taking down 2 of the most unsightly, and unknown, things in the bathroom.

Today we went to Low.es to look at some things. We really want an unfinished vanity/cabinet: Something that we're actually going to be able to strip and refinish another way in a couple of years. They have nothing! What they do have is a 36" kitchen cabinet base...it doesn't have any draws, but it's pretty much what we want and it's CHEAP! $128 for the cabinet! We will have to trim the depth of the cabinet by about 2.5", but that's nothing.

We also picked out our tile, the outlet/light covers, and the faucet. The tile is Pizarra (can't find a picture), but it's an earthly slate with a bit of green and yellow in it...We're using that only in the shower.

The faucet is chrome and porcelain....to keep with the Victorian feel of our house. We've decided to forgo a medicine cabinet, because we can't find any we like, and go with a large mirror instead. We'll have plenty of storage in the room between the closet and the cabinet.

We've given ourselves a deadline by which to finish the bathroom: April 11. That's the date of Avelyn's Christening, so the room (and all the other inside house projects) need to be done.

8 comments:

BelowAverageAthlete said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I appreciated your comments. I love the floor. We have an old house too that we have done a lot of work to. It is fun, but so much work. I don't know if we will do it again in our next house.

Good luck with it!

ICLW

Jendeis said...

Congrats on starting the work! You guys have set yourself a realistic deadline and that's half the battle. Love, love, love the tile!

Fertility Guy said...

Ahh, now here's a post that I as a guy can relate to. DIY! Good luck with your bathroom reno - love that kind of stuff myself.

I appreciate your kind words on my blog - I hope you don't mind that I'm now following yours. It is nice for my wife and I to find someone who 'gets' our journey.

Wishing you all the very best.

ICLW

Rain Child said...

Thank you for the comment on your blog. It looks like you guys have made beautiful choices for your remodel. Good luck with the rest of it.

sadie607 said...

Fun. I can't wait to see the finished result.(Is this the bathroom that had the pull up bar on the ceiling? I think I'm remembering that right from an earlier post like a few years ago even or I could be insane) :~)

~Jess said...

Yea, there was a pull-up bar...that's what Matt took down last night.

wifey said...

Your new bathroom is going to be lovely! Hubby and I recently tiles our entire, fairly large living room in very similar tile.

So glad to hear that you're allowing yourself appropriate time as well!

kimbosue said...

Good luck! Glad that you set a deadline. Can't wait for the pics!

LinkWithin