Friday, January 29

First Play Date!

Yesterday Avelyn and I had our first play date with my best friend from high school and her daughter (who's 6 weeks).

Friend and I haven't really been friends since shortly after graduating 10 years ago...she became a vastly different person than she was in high school (not a party-er to a HUGE party-er...I never did), but is now somewhat becoming like she used to be.

It was fun...and I was blown away by the fact that 1) there were TWO babies in my house and 2) how HUGE A is compared to Lillian. I know babies grow, but to see her side by side with another little one it was shocking!

I had cleaned the house furiously all week leading up to it (the house hadn't really been cleaned at all this month...it needed it) and baked a quiche for lunch. The babies were awesome they pretty much slept or ate the entire time, allowing us to rehash our delivery stories (friend's delivery was 20 hours). It felt almost normal...except there was thought in the back of my head "Please don't ask why it took us 3 years to get pregnant" - she didn't.

Here's the slideshow of pictures from the play date.

3 comments:

sadie607 said...

So fun. I wish I had some friend with kids who lived nearby. Maybe you and I should arrange a playdate sometime (seriously we should).

kimbosue said...

YAY for play dates!

Photogrl said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your playdate! How fun!

LinkWithin