Sunday, January 24

12 Weeks!

It's kind of sad, that after this, her 12th week, we'll start saying her age in months :-( It's going WAAAAY too fast! People keep asking if we're ready for the next one...um YES!

I mentioned in last weeks post that Avelyn has done two new things: Pulling "George" out of her mouth and putting him back in and moving her spoon from one hand to another (which hasn't happened again since). The one thing that she did start doing toward the end of the week is reach and grabbing at toys...namely those on her gym-mat-thingy or ones we're holding. It doesn't happen all the time, but she does do it on occasion. And, speaking of her exercise mat, she's also figured out if she kicks it that it makes noise. Oh, and her favorite thing is when I read "Red Fish, Blue Fish"....loves that book!

This past week, while we didn't have many new developments it was a week of fun toys! Grandma picked up a cash register for A, too keep at the store. Targ.et had it clearance, it was regularly $30 (which is WAY too much for the thing), but Grandma got it for $7.00...definitely a more acceptable price.

The other BIG buy was a splurge on the Baby Einstein "Around the World" Discovery Center at $90. I did NOT want to spend that much on an exersaucer, but it really was the most entertaining one out there and I figure if we break that out to a per child cost, it isn't that bad. A is definitely a little small for the exersaucer, but she LOVES the lion puppet that's on there and all the other noises that the thing makes.


The other thing that we're dealing with is A's obsession with me: That's right at 11/12 weeks she is having stranger issues and mommy attachment. I won't lie, it's wonderful to know that I am the ONLY one who can calm her down (for the past 2 1/2 weeks) but it gets exhausting to never have your arms to yourself. She screams bloody murder until she get's me.

Last night however, Matt and I went to see Sherlock Holmes (good movie) and Matt's sister came and stayed with her (knowing that she could very well scream the entire time). Yesterday seemed to be better though...she let Matt hold her for over an hour yesterday afternoon and actually didn't scream the entire time we were out. Hopefully we're turning a new leaf.

Here's the link to her 12 week pictures and a video of her on her exercise mat.



Oh, and on the DL: Someone has STTN TWICE this past week (1o:30p - 6:30a). I hope just didn't jinx it!

5 comments:

sadie607 said...

I love the video she is so adorable. I can't believe she's 12 weeks already.

Queenie. . . said...

She is just adorable. Time is flying by-I can't believe she's 12 weeka already!

awomanmyage said...

Oh, she is simply breathtaking. I can see she adores Mr. Lion!

ICLW

Saige said...

Isn't it so much fun to watch them learn and grow? I remember thinking I would always wish my daughter was a newborn, but now that her first birthday is around the corner, I wouldn't trade her now for her newborn days any day. It just gets better and better as they grow.

Your daughter is adorable!

T Lee said...

Oh my gosh, I lOVE the name Avelyn. I hadn't heard it before, but I loovve it!
ANd fingers crossed you didn't jinx yourself!

ICLW

LinkWithin