Monday, November 9

Updates!

Saturday, November 7th

Not too much was going on: In the afternoon Matt had to go and work at the store and then afterward we headed up to my parents' house. My brother and his wife were up to meet A, so we had dinner up there. My aunt and uncle took a lot of pictures, but we have yet to see any of them yet.

Sunday, November 8th

We cannot believe that she's already a week old...how the heck did that happen?! Last night we got a 5 hour and a 3 hour stretch of sleep: AWESOME! Let see if it happens again.

There are some things will A that leave me rather confused: Should a 1 week old be able to hold her head up? or follow you with her eyes? or roll over onto her side? Yea....we're all a bit bamboozled by that. She's doing great though!

In the morning we did a bit of an impromptu one week photo shoot (and not a moment too soon...A lost her umbilical cord stump the next morning): Here's pictures from that.

In the afternoon we went up to my parents house to press cider. My father and Matt got it into their heads' to buy an antique cider press, so that we could make our own cider. I must say it was a pretty cool piece of equipment and the cider isn't bad either.

I took A up there for a couple of hours...it was beautiful weather and nice to get outside for a while. Then it was up to the in-laws for dinner....it was far too long of a day, which resulted in me being crabby and A being hungry and us not being home...and eventually a melt down on my part...oh well...no one is perfect :-)

Monday, November 9th

Today was our first day home alone...the whole day. Let me just say I miss Matt. Even though he wasn't in the house with us too much last week (he was busy getting things done outside...like splitting the wood), it was nice to know that he was just outside...to spend some of the day with him.

The day was fine and there were no major breakdowns...my mom and my sister stopped by. My sister is too funny...she's always been the "I hate babies" person. Well she's head over heels for her niece!

I set up the "exercise mat" or whatever it's called...and A absolutely LOVES the thing...she's fascinated by the lights and loves any kinds of music/sounds....even if she does look a little bored by the whole thing.

All in all we're doing well. My tear is healing, but my butt (and tailbone) are killing me...I think it's from spending so much time sitting down (feeding A). I keep changing my positions and trying to stand as much as possible....a small price to pay.

We're still doing as much as we can with breastfeeding, but I am definitely not enough for her. I pump and/or breastfeed her, but this kid is taking 2-3 ozs at a time...I'm not match for that. I'm thinking of ordering some fenugreek or blessed thistle to see if that helps at all with my supply.

I never thought I would get "attached" to breastfeeding, but I really do enjoy feeding her. I like the closeness of it and knowing I am doing something for her that no one else can do. I'm trying to maintain a positive outlook and mindset, but the idea of not breastfeeding her actually makes me a bit sad. We'll just have to see what happens....

On a more cheerful note: I did manage to get the birth announcements done. Matt and I both like them, so tomorrow I will hopefully order them. I still have to show you guys a picture of the favors Matt and I made (instead of cigars)...there's always tomorrow :-)

6 comments:

VA Blondie said...

She looks beautiful and happy! It sounds like she is doing well!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

She's just beautiful! So glad you guys are doing well!

xoxo

Miss said...

I am SO glad you are adjusting so well!! YEAH!!! =) she is gorgeous to btw!

Photogrl said...

She's just SO cute!

sadie607 said...

I love the pictures she is adorable and it sounds like she is strong and well, and giving you a few hours of sleep. Hopefully that keeps up.

Jendeis said...

I love the pictures! A is so beautiful! I'm in love with that white hat.

LinkWithin