Thursday, November 12

Ahem...

Can I just tell you how wonderful you all are and how much I love each and every one of you *hugs*

I really appreciate all your help, advice and support. Today went better...of course I sat on the couch for almost the entire day...but she slept for an hour and a half after almost a 2 hours breast feeding session....this afternoon we tried again, but not too much luck. I did give her a bottle, but did the 5seconds on/off thing...she only took about 2 oz. All in all I think she took less than 4oz the entire day (so far) from a bottle/formula.

I guess my solution is to take one day at a time and not bother even discussing it with anyone, because regardless of what I say....they'll have something to say and I'll end up crazier than I already am :-)

That being said.

I cannot tell you all how much I am enjoying A! Don't get me wrong: It isn't easy and it's a lot to do (I honestly don't know...at this point...how people work and have kids or have twins for that matter....I know, you just do what needs to be done). I wish Matt were home more....he's gone first thing and doesn't get home until 7 or 8 at night (sometimes later)...he's tired and ends up on the couch reading while A sleeps on his chest...and I know he has to work all day, so I don't wake him up for anything at night (which I probably should...even if only to give myself a break): However, I'm starting to feel a bit alone in this whole thing.

2 comments:

sadie607 said...

I'm glad things were better today. Ignore the many opinions of family and do what is best for you and A and matt.

It is a lot of work. I so look forward to the moments when Marcus walks in the door so I can get a break. But I'm glad overall you're enjoying A. What a blessing.

chicklet said...

I'm worried about the thing you note re your husband getting home late, being tired, and you not wanting to wake him. Cuz I think I'll feel the same. I'm soooo badly going to need help, but when he's gotta work, I don't want to kill him with being awake when really I *could* do it cuz I don't have a job to go to. But that's all so hard to balance emotionally when it's so much to do all the time.

Don't know that that made any sense but I just meant that I think I get where you're coming from, and I see feeling the exact same at some point...

LinkWithin