Thursday, October 22

39 Weeks 5 days

Nothing goin' here, but I did realize that I haven't written much lately about how I'm doing and how things are going . Yea, I answer all those questions in the weekly update thingy-bobber, but they don't really ask the "big" questions.

Yesterday was my first day as a "stay at home wife/mom" ...I can see how this could get very old, very quick (at least without the baby). I raked part of the front lawn (finished that today), baked cookies, and did some stuff around the house. I can't honestly say I spent the whole day feverishly cleaning the house...I didn't. I can say that I did take a 20 minute nap on the couch in the morning.

Today I got up and went to O-town for my massage and to pick up my disability/FMLA forms from the doctor and a couple of things at Wal.mart. Came home after that I went out to rake again for a bit, came in chilled out on line for a 1/2 hour, then back out to finish the lawn. The neighbor's kid asked me if I wanted him to finish blowing the leaves to the curb...so he did. Now I'm back in the house and working on a picture frame for Matt (pictures to follow).

Matt has called me "pumpkin" for a really long time, and now with our having a baby in the fall he refers to her as "little pumpkin"...I jokingly told him he's going to have quite the pumpkin patch . I bought a cheap black frame and those mini wood craft letters. Painted the letters red/orange and glued them to a frame...and voila! Really easy!

Now on to how I'm doing: I'm doing all right. I honestly can't complain. If I would, my biggest complaint would be my hand/wrist and lower back. Every night I wake up with my right hand numb...I change positions and it get's better, I fall asleep and it goes numb again. It happens throughout the day too and sometimes I have a hard time grabbing things. I'm not too worried: I've had wrist problems before and I just figure pregnancy is compounding it.

My lower back has only started in the past few days and it only starts hurting after I've been standing or doing things (raking or baking) for a while. I stop, lay down for 30 minutes and it's better. My hips are the same...more to do with what I'm doing than anything else.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get into the chiropractor and have him adjust my back...try help this delivery along as much as possible. My massage therapist did work on my ankles (supposedly one of those induction points), nothing yet. I'm honestly not looking for this pregnancy to end...I just don't want her to be born on Halloween or in November.

Matt is convinced that she's going to be born on Sunday, the 25th. Only because we started dating the 25th of March and were married the 25th of November, so to him, it should only stand to reason that she be born on the 25th. Sounds good to me :-) I just hope she doesn't show up 2 weeks late and I'm sitting around the house, bored, for the next two weeks. If that's the case I'm going to have to start working on a quilt or something.

I've been having some cramping and tightening of my whole belly, but nothing that has a pattern to it or is time-able. I half wonder if I'm actually going to go into labor or not...only time will tell.

5 comments:

Melissa G said...

Hee hee, It's nice to hear from you, I keep checking my reader to see how you're doing and whether or not there's any news.

Glad to hear you'r feeling well though.

Hang in there!

Kymberli said...

OMG it's almost time! I am soooo excited for you! I can only imagine the level of anticipation that you're feeling!

Delenn said...

Ugh! "Test" is me--Delenn!

Test said...

Glad to see things are going well! I totally relate to what you said about being a stay at home.

Looking forward to meeting your pumpkin soon!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you!

I vividly remember the boredom of my first day home from work before my babies were born...ah, how I wish I had relished in the calm and quiet :)

I had the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome, too. It passes a few weeks after birth, but it can make life a little more challenging for a while (for me, changing diapers was difficult at first b/c of the numbness).

Enjoy your last few days and wishing you the birth you want!

LinkWithin