Saturday, October 24

I'm due today....

I will admit, I'm scared. I'm not scared about labor and delivery, or the pain, I'm scared about meeting our daughter. I know that sounds stupid. I'm scared of what she's going to look like, whether there is going to be something physically/mentally wrong with her. I know that sounds shallow, but I am. Part of me wishes she would get here so I could know whether everything is all right with her or not.

That said, Matt and I have had a couple of long talks with her about her arrival. He's still holding out for tomorrow. The talk we had was thus: It would be very nice if she arrived later today or early tomorrow morning. MIL is leaving for NH to go to BIL and PP's tomorrow, regardless of my current status with having this baby. It would be nice if MIL could delay going until the evening and get to see her granddaughter first.

The other thing (I think) is that Matt is really getting antsy to see her. I've had a consistent relationship with her for the past several months (kicks etc), he hasn't and I think he really just wants to meet his daughter.

Obviously, regardless of anything we do/pray/ask, she's going to show up when she's good and ready.

8 comments:

Photogrl said...

There is always fear of the unknown.

((HUGS))

I love the cute little frame you made...very cute.

Here's hoping baby girl makes her entrance soon!

Queenie. . . said...

Good luck! It's so exciting. Try not to worry. You can handle whatever comes your way.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

You will do fine and she will be perfect. I was due on a Saturday as well and mine made his arrival on the following Wednesday so I'm going to say that you'll have her on the 28th. I know it isn't now, but it is before Halloween!

Jendeis said...

You will all be fine and get through whatever life throws at you. I'm so excited! Can't wait for her to come!

PJ said...

That's soooo very exciting that she's coming so soon!

I'm sure she'll be fine.

annacyclopedia said...

Sending you patience as you wait for your girl to come out. The waiting is so hard!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

We have all been there. I do not have a child with a physical disability but I do have one with mental disabilities. You will love her no matter what and will do anything in your power to protect her. Patience my friend and enjoy the sleep while you can. LOL.

Mary

VikingLady said...

I checked in on your blog today, because I was thinking "hm, it must be close to her due day now"!
I havent read your blog in a while, but I have been thinking about you from time to time, and Im sure everything will turn out just fine with your baby. The anxiety is normal, and I hope you have her in your arms soon.
Good luck with the birth and all the days that will follow!

LinkWithin