Sunday, October 11

38 weeks 1 day

TWO WEEKS! HAHAHAHAHA! That thought just makes me laugh...I'm not really sure why, but it does.

We had our child birth education class: Let me just say "What a waste of time!" We learned nothing, the video was stupid (it had to have been filmed in 1980 - not to mention the chauvinistic opinions of the husbands), and the breathing methods they discussed were a sure-fire way to end up hyperventilating. One good thing is that we found out where we're supposed to go when I go into labor. We really were not impressed.

The other thing the nurse kept saying was how it's good to have meds, that they help you relax, and there's no harm in having them etc etc. (I know this is a controversial topic, but this is our thought process on it). We don't want meds...if I decide I need them then we'll go ahead, but there are just too many side effects on the baby and breast feeding (the whole sleepy baby who isn't interested in breast feeding after delivery thing).

Our families are going bonkers. My mom, Matt and I pretty much figure she's going to be right on time (or there abouts). MIL is absolutely convinced (or really, really hoping) that she's going to come early: There's a motive behind this.

Our niece is about 3 months older than our daughter, PP has been on maternity leave since July and is getting ready to go back to work (part time). Guess what they asked MIL? Could she come up the end of October for a few weeks to help them transition between day care and working.

When I first heard this I was a bit pissed, but then Matt explained that his mom told BIL and PP she would not be coming up until I've had our baby. Now she's desperately hoping that I go early (and constantly telling me that I have to go early), so that she can go up there (with a guilt free conscience) the end of October. Matt really feels that his brother is pushing for their mom to be with them because they want attention (Matt NEVER thinks this way about BIL, it's usually me who does).

PP's mom lives an hour away from them (MIL is 5 hrs) and she's retired...so I'm not really sure why she can't help them out. It's wonderful! BIL and PP put MIL in a difficult position, and now she's riding on me about going early (which I have told her "If this kid is anything like me, she's going to do what she wants, and it's going to be the one thing to piss off the most amount of people". She has no response to that yet.

We also had "the talk" with the mothers: We've decided that we're ok with them being in there for most of the labor, but when it comes down to pushing we want it to just be Matt and I. They're both over the moon. We did give them the stipulation that we reserve the right to revoke their presence at any time. They seemed ok with that.

Supposedly work is doing lunch for me on Wednesday: I really hate being in the spotlight. I'm really hoping that there aren't any gifts involved. I seriously do not want that...it will make me feel that much more badly about quiting.

How far along: 38 Weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Still no idea, I think my scale is stilled whacked, even with the new battery.
Maternity clothes: 1 pair of pants and my tees: Everything else is regular clothes.
Stretch marks: They're growing
Sleep: Waking up about every 2 hours to pee, getting out of the bed is getting interesting.
Best moment this week: Finishing more in the nursery.
Movement: Still squirming about.
Food cravings: Ice cold water
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No idea.
Belly button in or out: It's starting to poke out at times (full bladder, eating etc)
What I miss: My knuckles not being swollen: I've always kind of had finger issues (during the summer they swell and hurt when it's too hot). I actually have to wait about 30 minutes in the morning before I can get my wedding band on. It's not all the time that the rest of my fingers are swollen, but enough that it hurts.
I am looking forward to: 7 days of work left.
Weekly wisdom: We really have no idea what we're doing lol
Milestones: 38 weeks and still swing dancing! (we had a wedding last night and I still managed to dance a couple of fox trots and a swing in 2" heels: GO ME!)

6 comments:

sadie607 said...

Yay for two more weeks!!! (and your SIL is ridiculous but you already know that). Just forget about her and enjoy this last little bit of your pregnancy.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Your SIL would drive me crazy! Ha, mine would probably do something similar...

I can't believe that you only have 2 more weeks. !!!

Queenie. . . said...

I've decided to skip childbirth ed. 2veryone thinks it's worthless!

That is nice of you to let the moms in during labor. That's where we put our foot down!

Two weeks...that really means any day now. Wow. Well, if you happen to go early, godod luck. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

The Wife said...

I can't believe it's only two more weeks for you! It seems like it's been so fast. I've heard from several people that the child birth ed classes are no good. But the child care classes are good because you only get like 15 seconds with a nurse before you leave the hospital with the baby. That sucks about BIL and PP. They're being such bum-heads! Okay hope these next two weeks go smooth for you.

Melissa G said...

I know I'm not even pregnant yet, but I have already been thinking seriously about my birth plan. And I'm completely with you on the meds protocol. No meds unless I absolutely cannot function without them.

I have also heard horror stories about Childbirth Ed.

And good for you with the Mom thing. I haven't quite made up my mind about that- but I guess I have PLENTY of time to worry about it.

Two Weeks! WOOO HOOO!

Debbie said...

I'm so excited for you!

LinkWithin