Tuesday, October 13

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. -- Carl Sandburg

Today I had my 38 week OB appt: Blood pressure was 120/80 (higher than the last few times), I'm still a bit iron deficient (but nothing to worry about), I'm now a solid 2cm dialated, and 50% effaced. The doctor seemed to think I could very well go in to labor before my next appt, but there's no guarantee of that.

I'm seriously hoping I don't. We're having a huge sale in the store this weekend and it just would not be at all convenient if I went in to labor. If nothing else, I'm hoping for Sunday, and my temp at work is hoping not before Tuesday. We're all just going to have to wait and see. My last day is the 20th...any time after that is good. Of course, after the OB checked my cervix I'm now losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. Even that doesn't mean anything, it could still be weeks before I go into labor.

Of course that said, I always prepare for the "worst". I wanted to have the nursery done this past weekend and I've just about succeeded. I finished the bookcase on Friday and Matt and I carried it upstairs on Sunday and since then I've been putting the finishing touches up...I do still have picture frames to hang, but here it is:


Here's the quilt: The lady who does all of my quilting did this as a gift...if you click on the picture you can see just how fancy of a job she did quilting it...it's absolutely gorgeous.

And the room:



10 comments:

sadie607 said...

Jess the nursery is absolutely beautiful. This may seem strange but I actually teared up looking at it. You are having a baby! And I love, love, love the quilt. It's all just perfect (and I see your Samantha doll I remember you post about her from awhile ago), and now your daughter will get to enjoy her too. I'm so excited for you!

Jendeis said...

Oh, the room is so beautiful and the quilt is gorgeous! You're getting so close!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That quilt is beautiful! Looks like you're all set. Now you just need the baby to get here!

Queenie. . . said...

Looks great! Where did you get your nursery furniture, and who makes it?

VA Blondie said...

The quilt is gorgeous! The quilting on it is beautiful.

How exciting that you are almost ready for her arrival!

Delenn said...

The nursery looks wonderful! Its sooo close! Can't wait to meet her!

The Wife said...

That nursery is awesome. It's not overly girly but still has feminine touches. Very well put together. You must be getting so excited!

Amanda said...

Looks great! I kinda wish I was having a girl and could get my Samantha out for her, but alas, she will have to stay in her box.

Liddy said...

Your nursery is gorgeous. Perfect balance of girl and classy.

I am so excited for you, best wishes and hugs.

Photogrl said...

What a beautiful nursery!

The quilt is gorgeous and I love the letters over the crib.

You're getting SO close!

LinkWithin