Friday, September 18

“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” Winston Churchill

I'm still sick, but it's Friday. My cold seems to have migrated from my head to my chest/lungs...I have a wonderful cough that doesn't seem to do much other than cause me to lose my voice. Last night I spent about 30 minutes in the steam-filled bathroom coughing, trying to get something up...not happening. I often wonder if my colds following the same routine and my having a really hard time with breathing is because of the cystic fibrosis gene. I'm hoping for a lot of sleep this weekend, but we'll see...we have a lot that we want to get done.

Anyways...we've gotten a lot done in the room, but it's not finished yet, so I'm not showing you :-P I'm a brat, I know. I do have a couple of teaser pictures that I've taken, just to give you the general idea.

We're waiting on the quilt to be sent back (should be by the beginning of October), Matt has to install the doors in the closet and room, we need to build the bookcase and paint it, get pictures on the walls, and finish putting away a few things. Once that's all done and I can say that the room is finished....THEN I'll show you all the finished product.


I've finally finished the Christmas stocking: YAY!!!!! You have no
idea how excited I am to have that thing done! It's wonderful to know that I somehow have seemed to get almost everything done this month that NEEDED to be done. Of course, there are the apples that we picked from our tree that I need to make into sauce, as well as the couple of sewing projects I wanted to do....we'll see.

Here's something else I'm showing. Last year at the harvest festival I saw a wall hanging that I absolutely loved, but it was $65 and I didn't really want to spend the money on it. All year I've thought about it and wished I had bought it.

I visited the quilt stand again this year and was scoping through things, not really seeing anything that blew me away (being able to make most of the stuff yourself kind of puts a damper on it). I digging through the piles and I find some fabric that I really like.

I pull it out and low and behold it's the wall hanging that I liked from LAST YEAR! Well, since the thing sat around for a whole year without being bought I decided that it was holding out for me and bought it. Now it's hanging quite nicely in our upstairs hallway, where I can see it every day!

Even the quilt lady said I was meant to have it, since it had been sitting there waiting for me. Someday I would love to make a lonestar quilt (that's the pattern in the middle)...there's so many points and angles that have to be perfect, it may be a few years before I get to it :-)

1 comment:

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry that you're still sick. Hoping that tea and chicken soup will help.

Loving the letters and absolutely adore the wall hanging! It was sooo meant for you.

LinkWithin