Thursday, September 3

One step at a time...

I've been trying to get as much done as I can. I finally got all of the thank yous done from our shower...they're going out in tomorrow's mail...there's only one more that needs to be written, but it's in German and my mom has to translate it for me (I don't speak/write German).

I got some more done on the wall letters. Between Monday and today I got them primed and sanded. Tonight I got the fabric cut for the tops of them...tomorrow I'll iron the fabric and do the first few coats of mod-podge on them.
We have a couple of ways to hang them. I bought black ribbon to tie to the tops of them. Either I can just put some tacks in the wall and hang the ribbon (with a bow) OR Matt's grandma gave us some porcelain door knobs that have roses painted on them that we could mount and hang the letters off of....just have to see.

5 comments:

A said...

Very cute! I love the fabric and can't wait to see the finished nursery :)

Queenie. . . said...

You're going to have to explain what mod-podge is. Is it like decoupage? This is going to be one crafty nursery!

Katie said...

How cute! I ordered some yarn from the Fat Quarter shop per your suggestion. I love it!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Those letters are beautiful! You did a great job!

babyattheend said...

Those are great! Can't wait to see what they look like on the wall... and the door knobs are a great idea!

LinkWithin