Tuesday, September 1

OB Update

It wasn't a terribly exciting appointment; I had the NP again (I had been told last time that I'd be seeing the doctor this time). She asked me if I had any questions and I mentioned to her that I had a few questions for Dr. G. After a few minutes wait she came in and answered my questions.

*Her policy on induction: They won't induce until after two weeks past due date, unless there are health implications to me or the baby...elective induction is not really an option.

*Work: I can continue to work right up until I deliver, depending on how I feel.

*Baby's position: Still head down :-)

The scale there said I weighed 194 (+4 since last time)....I'm not sure if their scale is off or ours....mine says 184. I'm hoping that their's is off, because if it isn't that means I've been thinking for the past year that I'm 10lbs lighter than I really am.

I was really glad that she took the few minutes to come in and see me.

9 comments:

sadie607 said...

yay for boring OB appointments (boring means things are okay). I'm glad the doctor answered some of your questions and that's weird about he scales. I did lol a little at you thinking you were a different weight for a year. Glad everything is going well with your pregnancy. It seems to be going by so quickly.

Carrie said...

Ow... yeah, 10 pounds is quite a difference! Maybe you can put something on yours that you know how much it weighs... like an unopened bag of pet food or something like that. I hope theirs is wrong too!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

The boring OB appointment sounds like great news!

Queenie. . . said...

My dr's office scale is always a lot higher than my home scale.

Yay for an uneventful appointment!

Chelle said...

You know-my scale is exactly 10 pounds off from the OB's! Mine says I am lighter too... Conspiracy??

noswimmers said...

I go for the lower weight, hands down. ;)

So glad things are going well, you're getting CLOSE! Eeek!

Rachel said...

oh those tricky scales!!!

Delenn said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. You are in the home stretch!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I don't trust scales at doctors offices! They always proclaim me heavier than my scales do.

Wonder what they would do if I started bringing my own scales in to my appointments?

LinkWithin