Saturday, August 1

What a day! I got up this morning and headed to O-town to pick out carpet for the nursery. While at Low.es I decided to check out the big rolls of carpet that they had....I found one for 82c/sqf and it was really nice. For what I would have paid at the remnant place for carpeting I managed to get the carpet, padding, and the trim to finish it. WOOHOO! AND I got 10% off...I had some coupons here, but since I wasn't planning on buying carpeting at Lowe.s I didn't take one. I mentioned to the sales guy that I forgot my coupon and he gave me one :-D AWESOME!

After that I headed to the quilt shop in O-town; I hadn't been since they moved to their new location: They definitely have more room now. I putzed around in there and managed (of course) to find some fabrics to buy.

On the way home I saw a sign for a barn sale...it was on the way so I figured I'd stop. They had some baby stuff (car seats etc) out front, but nothing that I wanted to buy. I did, however, find a lovely tea/coffee pot with a matching sugar bowl and creamer...the spout is chipped on the pot but my MIL should be able to fix it...it was only $11! I now have a nice, matching pot and creamer/sugar set!



I stopped at the store to reveal all my finds to Matt and my mom, then went home to have lunch and go to the other quilt shop to get some thread and spend some of my birthday gift card. Here's the fabrics that I got...The dark one on the left is a Christmas fabric that I had bought a couple of years ago and loved!, but of course I hadn't bought extra; the greenish one I just liked; the rest I thought I might just use in the kid's quilt or somewhere in her room.

Now, I really just hope we can get this carpeting installed tomorrow; because once that's done the furniture can go back and I can start doing my thing and having fun :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin